Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

I have the upgraded speakers in my car but every time i plug my iPhone 6 in any of the USB ports in the car and play my music i get a crackling noice from the left speaker (dashboard) this does not happen when the radio is on or i am playing my music through bluetooth has anyone else come across this issue?

Thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is a known issue which remains unexplained. All other forms of music play is fine including a USB flash drive. Connect an iPhone or iPod via cable and the left dash speaker is subject to random crackling. A new Apple cable did not resolve the problem. If anyone has found a solution please post.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,758 Posts
I gave up on the phone via cable as it was never going to be my primarily media listening method.

·
Registered
869 Posts
Mine does the same. I use a branded Apple cable too. Seems like a decompression issue to me...no idea for sure though.

I will say that certain music does it than others and its always worse when you first start the car up - like its using processor time to buffer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have tried a number of cables and get the same outcome I'm just reading that apple link, i understand the guilia is new platform but i have had some many issues with mine since i have bought it from alarm that keeps going off, the radio that does not stay on the same station you left it after tuning the car off and on again My rear wheels wont aline correctly. Think my car was just a bad one from the word go!!!

Surly all these issues are software related? I'm not car engineer but...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have been back to the dealer a number of times seem to be there everywhere week with a new problem Mine has had the latest software update not sure of the number but on the menu is now shows Car rather than Apps.

Just not really been able to enjoy the car since owning it which again is a shame as am a massive alfa fan, the only thing i can think that will resolve all these teething issues is if enough people complain to their dealers alfa should respond.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Rear wheel alignment is NOT a software issue. Augh! :(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.