Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stage three lockdowns back in place for our Melbourne bro's

Stay safe guys, let us know how youre travelling ...

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Its a pity that some people are just not "on the programme" and spoil it for everyone else. Not fair. View attachment 100617

Unfortunately, a road sign more analogous to the situation would say something like “SLOW DOWN, WORK CREWS AHEAD IN ROADWAY — Unless you feel this is an attempt to deprive you of your liberty, then close your eyes and speed up“

it’s just not themselves that they are taking out.......

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
Its a pity that some people are just not "on the programme" and spoil it for everyone else. Not fair.
Well, that is a thing:

For reference, 1989 Earthquake near San Francisco caused a section of the Bay Bridge to collapse and yet a driver kept going.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Luckily we can still drive ;)

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
2,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Well, that is a thing:

For reference, 1989 Earthquake near San Francisco caused a section of the Bay Bridge to collapse and yet a driver kept going.
well, ... he must really enjoy driving to keep going like that lol

·
Registered
6,089 Posts
well, ... he must really enjoy driving to keep going like that lol
I believe that was a fatal accident, so I guess we will never know. Note the lack of traffic; the earthquake happened at the beginning of rush hour. IIRC, those drivers had to go around a road closure barricade just to get to that point. Also IIRC, most of the vehicles/drivers that you do see were tasked with inspecting the bridge for damage. FWIW: about 15 years later a major component of the bridge near that location broke and caused a major calamity. That section is now completely gone and replaced with a presumably better design.

I remember seeing a closer-up video when this happened, but can't find it (quickly) online. Maybe 2 drivers "took the dive?"

·
Super Moderator
2,862 Posts
Dont forget to wear them inside too, this virus is no joke.

View attachment 100731
That can be true depending on where people go and work and their level of exposure.

On the bridge collapse topic, which is off topic I know... I live near Minneapolis (18 miles away) where a major bridge completely collapsed. 10 Years After Bridge Collapse, America Is Still Crumbling Scary crap. I remember exactly where I was, what I was doing. I have a friend that was on the bridge when it went down, luckily he was on the senction that still sort of stayed attached. He punched it and went flying onto the stable ground. Wrecked his back, and vehicle, but damn... could have been worse if it happened 2 seconds earlier.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts