Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone

Got a mail to say Patroon BMW club to say there's early bird pricing / dates on Limerock and Palmer. Dates are LRP on Friday May 18th and Saturday August 25th this year. Fall event at Palmer /Whiskey Hill the Weekend of October 12-14th.

Any interest? We have a great time with 'us Alfa guys' last year.

p.s. I'm calling shotgun on @BostonDMD

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hey Jerry,

Very well organised day. Pay in advance (you'll need a membership if you're not already a member which covers you for a year), recommend you grab insurance too (we can help). Group of us have been before, they're a good bunch with a mix of cars in each group. Pretty much instructor laps around in groups, dependent on experience / if you prove you don't need one. Need a helmet but that's pretty much it. If I recall it was about 4/5 runs in each group and chances to go with an instructor in their car, bit of class room time dependent again on experience (useful if new to the track / in general). Will need a tech inspection which is advised but can be signed off but not spending a fortune at a local garage (i.e. friend/you)

If you book now/soon though looks like it's a bit cheaper though I haven't logged into see the actual discount. Limerock is brilliant fun and a great first track experience!

I'm quite tempted on the May Limerock one... actually both. Palmer is great though but little more intimidating wall wise.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Sounds nice. I’ve been to LR a few times for different events as a spectator. The track and insurance still sounds scary, not that you can’t mess up at an auto-x in a parking lot... saw a guy in a 911turbo horseshoe the car on a light post by going nuts once a long time ago at a PCA event and then there was the gt3 guy a decade ago who at a SCCA event gave the keys to his son for the first time who lost it and piled into a bunch of parked competitor’s cars that looked like a demolition derby in Portland so maybe auto-x ain’t that safe either :surprise:

That said those mishaps are pretty rare and I do wish there was an AR club Auto-X thing for weekend fun in the summer. The only thing I never liked about the PCA Auto-X events was that you had guys show up looking for a fun time in a bone stock car, like me, and other guys towing little trailers behind their cars, yes even Boxsters, with Kumho clad rims to swap to compete in the same class. Still getting your car around a small tight course does wonders for learning how to deal with it and it’s limitations in a relatively safe environment and the QV seems like it would be a blast to throw around in a situation like that. I’d offer to help with anyone wanting to set something up but I don’t have the foggiest idea of where you’d even start...

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd try it Jerry, you're put in groups and any hooning is stictly prohibited. Idiots and stopped and the instructors are there to warn. Accidents can always happen but you certainly don't go out of the gate on your first track day without knowing what you're doing so certainly a learning experience.

Let me know if you're interested. I'm sure they'll be a good mix of us (QV's/TI/etc) and I like to think we're all friendly :D

·
Registered
5,122 Posts
Just Do It!

@JerryNY a CCA event is safer than you driving on Central Ave in Yonkers:grin2:
Especially if this is your first HPDE....there is NO HOOLIGANISM (is that a word?)...
first off, you would run in novice with an instructor and everyone in your run group is of the same experience, generally speaking you are not passing/nor being passed UNLESS the person in front of you is really "not getting it" or the person behind you is perhaps "getting it" quicker than you.
and PLEASE do not give it a second thought, this is your opportunity to drive your QV at a controlled faster, learn about the car and just have a good time. Depending on how quickly you "get it", you may even be moved up to intermediate (w/instructor) in the later session of the day.
I will warn you, this is ADDICTIVE!, but it beats playing golf!
Have Fun!
M

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I can do the May LRP event and possibly the Palmer event in June. It would be nice to get some giulias on track together for at least a photoshoot!
@JerryNY you have to drive Lime Rock if it is the only track event you ever do in your QV, it will be a blast guaranteed!
If you want you can even come along for a few hot laps in my QV.........

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
@BostonDMD if you're confirmed i'm 100% in for the 25th. LMK and i'll book up :)
LRP in May for sure.....
I would like to really find an event at NJMP thunderbolt. That’s another great venue for our Giulias......

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
1 - 20 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.