Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just changed oil on my Ti Q4 for the first time at 4,000 miles. The 10k service is free, but I didn't want to wait that long for the first change (there are lots of comments about this on other threads) as new engines always shed a bit more metal as they break-in. But I was a little shocked at what the dealer charged. The labor cost was $169 plus $17.44 for the filter and $81.60 for 6 quarts of oil. Add tax and shop fees and the total was $285! I did get a little drawing of the car showing that all systems were checked in addition to the oil and filter. I also got a nice Stelvio loaner to use. But I think I'll be doing my own oil changes in the future!

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
What a disaster! Maybe if it was a 911 with two oil tanks but this makes totally no sense.

Reactions: alfa908

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,808 Posts
I also got a nice Stelvio loaner to use. But I think I'll be doing my own oil changes in the future!
What kind of loaner do you expect to get then? :grin2:

I normally expect oil changes to be a quick, while-you-wait event. Alfa's sounds like more of a mini-service.

·
Registered
2017 Ti Q2
213 Posts
Was this at a Alfa - Maserati dealership? Mine will be done at a Chrysler - Fiat - Alfa dealership.

·
Registered
440 Posts
$285 is pretty outrageous. I got mine done before our Lime Rock track day a couple weeks ago and it wasn't anywhere close to that expensive. Will pull the receipt tonight and share with you guys.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Shop fees? Actually, at $99.04 for filter and oil I figure $250 at most if they are not trying to rip you off. With no warnings going on they aren't checking all systems, trust me. I had my exhaust installed yesterday and watched them do it. They wrote, 16 point system check but just installed the exhaust. I think they do that to satisfy Alfa or to enhance their customer ratings. Labor at my dealer is $140 per hour.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
94 Posts
Just changed oil on my Ti Q4 for the first time at 4,000 miles. The 10k service is free, but I didn't want to wait that long for the first change (there are lots of comments about this on other threads) as new engines always shed a bit more metal as they break-in. But I was a little shocked at what the dealer charged. The labor cost was $169 plus $17.44 for the filter and $81.60 for 6 quarts of oil. Add tax and shop fees and the total was $285! I did get a little drawing of the car showing that all systems were checked in addition to the oil and filter. I also got a nice Stelvio loaner to use. But I think I'll be doing my own oil changes in the future!

I advertise our oil and filter change on our web site for $189.95 plus tax. Multi-point inspection, set tire pressures and hand wash, windows done and vacuumed when we are all done.

·
Registered
3,602 Posts
Right. I can change the oil in my Ferrari for less than that, but I do the labor. 10 qts of Penzoil Platinum Euro spec 5w40 API SN/CF. I actually used Rotella 5w40 CK-4 rated this time but I will order the Penzoil from Amazon next time. I little cheaper than the Ricambi pack.

Reactions: Glenn

·
Registered
456 Posts
Sure. The dealer can do it.
I meant independent from the dealer. That's great the Multiecuscan can do it, but most independent garages probably don't have that. So either Alfa owners will have to continue using the overpriced dealer oil changes or invest in the multiecuscan tool. My next question is can Multiecuscan can be run on a tablet or phone, or only on a laptop? Probably owners have to invest in a laptop as well if they don't want to pay over $200 for an oil change. In my opinion the oil change indicator should be easily re-set by the owner or an independent garage and there should be a law for that.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts