2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to forum.
Has anyone installed the Centerline international exhaust Part #PH421
How is the sound?

·
Registered
646 Posts
Yes. It makes the car sound great (for a 4 Cylinder).

It is a tiny bit drone-y sounding but doesn’t bother me. Not a rice can sound - they did a good job. The FIAT Abarth exhaust has a similar sound if you have heard one of those.

100% improves the driving experience.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I installed the system last summer. Easy install, works as advertised, can be considered a bit "droney" at times, but have gotten very used to it. Definitely sounds better stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Am considering adding this. I tend to use the paddles alot, even in "N" mode. Stock exhaust can be hard to hear at times, i am used to shifting based on engine sound rather than using the tach. Hoping to have installed in a month or so.

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
795 Posts
With Some Attitude...

... is how I’d describe it. A nice deep timbre, with a Muffler Delete sound plus the rich Magnaflow resonator. Agree it might exhibit a wee bit of drone (threads on mods that eliminate it on this Forum), and cold start is a little neighbor unfriendly for 2 minutes, afterward it is just right.

If you have a tighta$$ed HOA it might be a little over the top. I don’t and I have musclecar neighbors, so nuthin’ but love!!

The rev-matching downshifts sound AWESOME and 5,500 rpm upshifts have a great growl/bark. Not any PhardtCan sounds at all. Centerline knows what they’re doing with Magnaflow. Primo construction and fit.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Eventually I'd like to get this done!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm also intrigued by this system. Really helps that 2.0L sound beefy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts