Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I've noticed an odd smell in my 2018 TI towards the end of a drive. It reminded me of hot coolant from when an engine cooling system overheats and the fluid is expelled from the radiator. While driving I've not received any indications of heating issues from the instrument display.
This afternoon, after the car sat for awhile, I opened the hood. The top of the engine, at several locations, showed residue where a liquid had evaporated. Has anyone experienced anything like this?
I've recently received a "Customer Satisfaction Notice" to bring my TI to reprogram the Powertrain Control Module to address an issue with cooling the turbocharger oil feed. I'm wondering if this issue may be related and is a symptom of a larger problem?

·
Vendor
1,325 Posts
Recently I've noticed an odd smell in my 2018 TI towards the end of a drive. It reminded me of hot coolant from when an engine cooling system overheats and the fluid is expelled from the radiator. While driving I've not received any indications of heating issues from the instrument display.
This afternoon, after the car sat for awhile, I opened the hood. The top of the engine, at several locations, showed residue where a liquid had evaporated. Has anyone experienced anything like this?
I've recently received a "Customer Satisfaction Notice" to bring my TI to reprogram the Powertrain Control Module to address an issue with cooling the turbocharger oil feed. I'm wondering if this issue may be related and is a symptom of a larger problem?
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
AlfaRomeoCares

1 - 2 of 2 Posts