Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Coolant hose broke

11K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Stretch 
#1 ·
Hey all, had a coolant hose connector snap. Pictures shown. Can this be replaced with just any connector (the green piece)? The barb piece of the connector is snapped off inside the hose to the left leading to the reservoir. If not, anyone able to provide a link to the piece I need? Thank you!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
I would use a brass barb reducer and spring clamps there. I don’t know the ID of the hoses offhand but you can measure easy enough.

I used 3/4” to 5/8” on my Fiat Spider when I replaced the entire metal manifold for the heater core to make engine swaps easier.

There are lots of connections everywhere that could be replaced or done away with that are only there for mass production assembly.

#6 ·
this thread illustrates how vital sharing concerns and resolutions is for us. I am soon to replace my '18 QV's plugs, and in anticipation fo this happening to me, am planning to order these spare parts, either to install, or just to examine to see how I can replace with better. Please post what your solution is. NV

#8 ·
It’s crazy, was changing the plugs in my car the other day and did this exact same thing 😂 couldn’t find the replacement parts online anywhere online and before looking for alternative parts I did some experimenting and realized the smaller hose that goes to the reservoir fits perfectly snug into the larger hose. And with the green piece broken off in the smaller one it added some rigidity so the hose won’t collapse. So shoved the two hoses together and clamped it down with a hose clamp. So far not a drop of coolant has come out 🫡 guess I’ll run it until the hose decides to blow out. But seeing as how all it took to break that green connected was it catching the engine cover, that part of system probably isn’t under too much pressure if any.