Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While my dark five holes have grown on me, every single manufacturer going to dark wheels has me wanting to buck the trend and get the brights I originally couldn't find. Seems like having them stripped and redone would be easier than buying and shipping a new set and selling / shipping the old. Anyone have any experience with something like this?

Wishful to think it would only cost around a grand? Would getting an OEM bright finish be challenging?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
One option would be to swap with someone else in the Forum who already has the 5-hole's bright, everyone paying their $300 UPS shipment. I went to a shop here in Cincinnati (Dr. Wheel) and asked if they could power coat my dark Tecnico's into bright Tecnico's and he said that they did not have that color available. It is a $150-$200 per wheel to power coat in a new color.

·
Registered
46 Posts
While my dark five holes have grown on me, every single manufacturer going to dark wheels has me wanting to buck the trend and get the brights I originally couldn't find. Seems like having them stripped and redone would be easier than buying and shipping a new set and selling / shipping the old. Anyone have any experience with something like this?

Wishful to think it would only cost around a grand? Would getting an OEM bright finish be challenging?
a wheel shop may be able to refinish them(strip and repaint)for under a grand. Or you can just strip the paint, I believe there are different strength strip gels available, although have not tried this and not sure if you will get any problems using a bare aluminum wheel with no paint.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Swap is the less expensive option !!!. The dark wheels are more popular than bright wheels so, you should be able to find a candidate.

·
Registered
95 Posts
One option would be to swap with someone else in the Forum who already has the 5-hole's bright, everyone paying their $300 UPS shipment. I went to a shop here in Cincinnati (Dr. Wheel) and asked if they could power coat my dark Tecnico's into bright Tecnico's and he said that they did not have that color available. It is a $150-$200 per wheel to power coat in a new color.
I’ve been wanting to do the same but couldn’t find the color code for bright Tecnico. Would you have the code?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I’ve been wanting to do the same but couldn’t find the color code for bright Tecnico. Would you have the code?
Sorry, I don't. And I have not been able to find it either. The guy at the wheels shop saw the wheels and he said that he didn't have any color similar to the bright Tecnico available.

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Giulia Ti Sport Q4
286 Posts

I have been thinking on doing the same. Too many cars with dark wheels these days. I have also been toying with the idea of doing a bronze/hyper silver combo. My daughter curbed the wheels, so I need to have them re-done no matter.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,416 Posts
I prefer dark wheels, both on lighter and darker colored cars, but agree that swapping would be easy/cheap

1 - 9 of 9 Posts