Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
There is no sufficient data for Alfa Romeo and Fiat.
The most reliable brands are Toyota, Lexus, Kia, Audi and BMW.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Audi and BMW ???? Not out of warranty !!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Somehow I think the intersection of Alfa Romeo owners and Consumer Reports subscribers / survey responders is going to tend on the small side and may not ever rise high enough for them to print anything other than insufficient data.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
There is so much technology in every new car nowadays that as a blanket statement that is true....I did buy a 2 year old CPO Audi S 5 and it was trouble free during my ownership but I was also on top of maintenance....I did sell it before the warranty expired though....I have had 4 Volvos as daily drivers but in all four cases, they were traded in prior to warranty expiring....they were also trouble free during ownership....My Quad has been purchased (as were the other cars) and up until now, I'm extremely pleased....if it is trouble free throughout I think I will keep her for the long haul...Unlike my 164 S, this car has a chain, not a timing belt (which requires significantly more maintenance) ...Should issues arise, I may think of trading in for a new Quad...time will tell.....D

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There is no sufficient data for Alfa Romeo and Fiat.
The most reliable brands are Toyota, Lexus, Kia, Audi and BMW.
I saw that for the "Brand Reliability" that there was not enough data and models for Fiat and Alfa Romeo.
But I also saw that the Fiat 500 made the 10 Least Reliable Cars list, so I'm thinking that individual cars of the brand may still be rated.
As a subscriber, do you see any info on this page? For me it just says that it needs to be unlocked.
https://www.consumerreports.org/cars/alfa-romeo/giulia/2018/overview

·
Registered
106 Posts
I saw that for the "Brand Reliability" that there was not enough data and models for Fiat and Alfa Romeo.
But I also saw that the Fiat 500 made the 10 Least Reliable Cars list, so I'm thinking that individual cars of the brand may still be rated.
As a subscriber, do you see any info on this page? For me it just says that it needs to be unlocked.
CR gave 2018 Giulia a 48 overall score:
  • Road Test 70/100
  • Predicted Reliability 1/5
  • Predicted Owner Satisfaction 4/5

A lot of 'predicting' going on. Oddly enough a used 2017 has a score of 52. 'No Detailed Data Available' for reliability and owner satisfaction for either year.

Makes me wonder just what it is they are basing the low score on...

·
Registered
73 Posts
That's interesting, my 500 Abarth just turned 28k miles and only oil changes to date. Guess I'm Lucky!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I subscribe to Consumer Reports, but certainly not for its auto coverage. I participated in their recent survey about my Giulia. With the exception of the stuttering/indecisive transmission and various little Multimedia/Nav niggles, my car has been wonderful I’m approaching 12,000 miles and it still makes me smile every time I get to accelerate hard through the gears or take a cloverleaf at speed. I was honest, but my review was quite flattering, so at least there is one data point for them.

Reactions: Verrilli

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CR gave 2018 Giulia a 48 overall score:
  • Road Test 70/100
  • Predicted Reliability 1/5
  • Predicted Owner Satisfaction 4/5
That’s too bad. I was hoping that this report would prove the claim by people on this forum that “the vast majority of Giulias have no issues”. I guess we’ll have to wait for the JD Power report.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,373 Posts
That’s too bad. I was hoping that this report would prove the claim by people on this forum that “the vast majority of Giulias have no issues”. I guess we’ll have to wait for the JD Power report.
Dear Consumer Reports, I didn't fill out your survey because I was otherwise occupied enjoying driving my Giulia.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I subscribe to Consumer Reports, but certainly not for its auto coverage. I participated in their recent survey about my Giulia. With the exception of the stuttering/indecisive transmission and various little Multimedia/Nav niggles, my car has been wonderful I’m approaching 12,000 miles and it still makes me smile every time I get to accelerate hard through the gears or take a cloverleaf at speed. I was honest, but my review was quite flattering, so at least there is one data point for them.
Oh Oh! Indecisive transmission! We knew it would be unreliable because it is Italian. But wait a minute, the transmission is German..... The reason that Toyotas and Kias get great ratings is because the buyers of these cars are thrilled when the car goes forward in D and backwards in R. That is a very decisive transmission.

Reactions: jamgolf

·
Registered
27 Posts
SCREW Toyota (I meant Consumer) Reports! All they ever rave about are Toyota products. Its completely biased against most European and American cars. It must be owned by the Japanese government.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts