·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did anyone see this on YouTube?
which was streamed live today.

Top three cars (1,2,3 on list): Genesis, Audi, BMW
Bottom four (31,32,33,34 on list): Alfa Romeo, Land Rover, Jeep, Fiat
( Skip to 27:00 ) Edit: Skip to around 17:20 to 17:55, they cut the intro down a bit.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah I saw that. I'm at the top of the list and the bottom of the list. Knock on wood though... Mine has been okay. We still love it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I can't sit through this boring drivel, it's not at 27:00

It's an Italian car that doesn't have 19 cupholders, of course they don't like it

I am still attempting to listen to this buffoon's opinions on the car though, maybe I am the real buffoon

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
....So while serious automobile magazines consider the Giulia the "Car of the Year"....these bozos (who know toasters and vacuum cleaners) consider it a bottom feeder.....THANK GOD !!! If I was a BMW FANBOY this would be an INDICTMENT !!! NOT AN ENDORSEMENT !!! When CR likes your car, you must have a TOYOTA !!! PEACE OUT DAWG !!! MIC DROP !!!! :surprise:

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,385 Posts
I kept waiting (wanting?) to hear "the Giulia drove great, but...".

CR rewards appliances. Which reminds me that I need to empty the dryer.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My thoughts too. I am very likely to be purchasing a Giulia soon and this has not made any difference to my decision making. If they think of a car as an appliance, they will never pick anything I'm going to drive!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I’ve owned Audi’s and many BMW’s. Although I actually enjoy both I’d hardly consider either reliable. I just made sure I had warranty during my ownership.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I’ve owned Audi’s and many BMW’s. Although I actually enjoy both I’d hardly consider either reliable. I just made sure I had warranty during my ownership.
...The voice of reason !!!! :laugh:

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hey Consumer reports every year gives the Jeep Wranger bad marks for having a rough ride and being noisy... Common it's a freeking Jeep for gods sakes... You don't buy any jeep for creature comforts... Consumer reports is a loozer rag

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Nah, I love Consumer Reports for giving me useful data on appliances, services and expectarions of reliability on autos. That being said, I know that the relative spread between vehicles is smaller than ever and the worst today would have been best 10 or 15 years ago. Also, they judge non-driving factors too; like visibility out (sucks on the Giulia for left turns due to mirror), infotainment function (Giulia’s blows with my iPhone), accessibility (Jezzer was right, Alfa put the door 3” too far forward) and such. That being said, I love my Giulia and accept the faults, but in “pure” reliability, it’s done good so far.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
There’s nothing wrong with CR per se but when it comes to something like cars they really aren’t trying to inform gearheads. Their target demo is probably heavily geared towards people who think of cars as a utilitarian point A->B thing and not much into performance, driving feel, turn in, exhaust note, styling etc. They probably give AWD/FWD cars bonus points for understeering at the limit becuse it’s safer for most people. Fun doesn’t really have a metric they can quantify...

·
Registered
334 Posts
What a ridiculous bunch of ass clowns, they're not even qualified to make recommendations for toothpaste or paint. They're comparing an Alfa to a Honda or Toyota Camry, if you can't tell the difference in those cars, save your $$ and buy a minivan or a Camry. The last time I had to rent a Camry it had absolutely no steering feel at all, it was more like an appliance. They are truly unqualified hot air balloons, if I ever listen to CR on advice of anything, please shoot me .....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts