Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the first new car to get me excited in a very long time. I test drove a Giulia And a 3 series BMW And was completely shocked at how the 3 series called antiquated in comparison. I really love the red color with the two-tone interior and a sunroof . The larger display is also very nice .

Attachments

·
Registered
469 Posts
This is the first new car to get me excited in a very long time. I test drove a Giulia And a 3 series BMW And was completely shocked at how the 3 series called antiquated in comparison. I really love the red color with the two-tone interior and a sunroof . The larger display is also very nice .

Hi Citroen89. I'm considering the same color combo of rosso/tan. Are those the lusso seats or the standard leather? I was blown away in my recent test drive of a base Giulia but wife didn't like the comfort of the seats...She thought they were too hard...Am looking for a TI Q4 with the lusso interior....Alfa's are special cars - No doubt about it

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
I test drove a Giulia at a dealership that also sold Jaguars. I was therefore able to test drive an XE immediately after the Giula. Being able to drive them so close together really highlighted the huge difference in ride and performance - not to mention the complete lack of a back seat in the Jag.

One month later I had my Giulia. Good luck Citroen89! You will not be disappointed if you go with the Giulia.

p.s. Those are the base seats in the photo @Tazio!1901 . The Lusso seats have horizontal seams and they are perhaps the most comfortable seats of any car I have ever owned. Here's what they look like in the light color. I have black.

Attachments

Reactions: Citroen89

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Citroen89. I'm considering the same color combo of r
osso/tan. Are those the lusso seats or the standard leather? I was blown away in my recent test drive of a base Giulia but wife didn't like the comfort of the seats...She thought they were too hard...Am looking for a TI Q4 with the lusso interior....Alfa's are special cars - No doubt about it
I have not seen the Lusso seats. My guess is avoid the sport seats use lot of quality leather conditioner and the seats should soften up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I test drove a Giulia at a dealership that also sold Jaguars. I was therefore able to test drive an XE immediately after the Giula. Being able to drive them so close together really highlighted the huge difference in ride and performance - not to mention the complete lack of a back seat in the Jag.

One month later I had my Giulia. Good luck Citroen89! You will not be disappointed if you go with the Giulia.

p.s. Those are the base seats in the photo @Tazio!1901 . The Lusso seats have horizontal seams and they are perhaps the most comfortable seats of any car I have ever owned. Here's what they look like in the light color. I have black.
Coming from A Citroen CX seats matter

·
Registered
651 Posts
Lusso seats rock!

Coming from A Citroen CX seats matter
The Lusso seats are great. From what I have read on this forum, I believe they are the only seats of the three possible varieties (base, Sport and Lusso) where the base can be adjusted to tilt up and down.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Thanks, ChiGuy....I went to Bettenhausen and told the salesperson that I was interested in a TI Lusso Q4 but brought out a Q2 Giulia for the test drive----I was stupid not to notice but was "gobsmacked" by the performance...Thanks for your great feedback!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Giulia stock

Thanks, ChiGuy....I went to Bettenhausen and told the salesperson that I was interested in a TI Lusso Q4 but brought out a Q2 Giulia for the test drive----I was stupid not to notice but was "gobsmacked" by the performance...Thanks for your great feedback!
I'm a southsider myself, and I did look at Bettenhausen back when I leased mine in May. But the vast majority of what they had in stock were base Giulias. I was looking for a Ti also.
I dug further and discovered they had a much better selection of Ti's at the Italian Motorworks in Naperville and at the Autobarn Alfa in Evanston.
The Autobarn continues to do much better deals, but I ended up leasing from Naperville (ask for Matt MacNichol), because they had the closest one to what I was looking for, and they agreed to match the discounts being done in Evanston.
If you haven't done so yet, check their stock on line. They've got lots of 2018 Q4 Ti's listed as "In Transit."

·
Registered
469 Posts
Ah, Naperville has the best Tech - Originally from Italy, has worked on Maserati's, Ferrari's, Citroen's, and of course, Alfa's. -Orlando is a Master Technician---When your car needs work, make sure you have him as your Tech. (+ he is a wonderful guy)--You can tell him that you found out about him from Terry from Gruppo di Motori Italiani and from Suburban Imports, in Maywood, Il --A Fiat, Alfa store for many years...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Drove a Citröen Picassa in Germany on vacation this summer. Wish I could get one in the US. Great family hauler good power visibility ride and handling for its type. A niche we can't find here and love the uniqueness!

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ah, Naperville has the best Tech - Originally from Italy, has worked on Maserati's, Ferrari's, Citroen's, and of course, Alfa's. -Orlando is a Master Technician---When your car needs work, make sure you have him as your Tech. (+ he is a wonderful guy)--You can tell him that you found out about him from Terry from Gruppo di Motori Italiani and from Suburban Imports, in Maywood, Il --A Fiat, Alfa store for many years...
I know who you are talking about. I arrived early for my appointment and was waiting by the door for it to open. A guy with an Italian accent came over and waited with me and we talked about the car. It made me feel good about my decision to hear a guy with his expertise tell me what I great car it was.
I?ll be sure to ask for Orlando next time.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I had a great test drive which sold me on the Giulia having known zero about it before that. Subsequent drives in the Sport and Lusso convinced me I could not take the sport seats on a long drive. Others of course may differ.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts