Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new to the forums here, my first post! Ever since this Alpa Q4 came out i was in love with it, and now after a few months of reading more about it and watching reviews i think it may be time to go for it. I'm coming from a '14 Lexus IS350 F sport and ive had the mighty ISF before that so i know Lexus reliability is awesome, never had any issues, yet i hear there are some quirks with this new Alfa but willing to risk it for the looks and fun factor plus as a personal opinion, this car is built the way i would of done it! Long story short, one came up for sale which is the closest to me, and im wondering what you guys think on the price and if its a good deal and tactics to work them down a couple grand or so if its actually worth it. Here is the link to the autotrader ad:

http://wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/alfa ro...owcpo=ShowCpo&orup=3_15_26&pc=N2A 4B9&sprx=-2

It does have around 7200 kms, but the sales guy told me it was used to tour around Canada when first landed, so never had a registered owner. Is that a red flag at all? I have yet to see it in person, white was not my first choice in color, but that could change my mind once i go and see it in person.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Wow! Almost $93,000 seems like a lot for a "demo", in my opinion. I'd think you could find a new 2018 for less than that.

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vegas, that's not 93,000 dollars, it's 93,000 loonies, which is around 73,000 dollars, depending on the day.
which would still be a lot for a demo here, but he's not here.
Yes thats right, sorry thats 93k Canadian dollars, but interestingly enough, another dealership told me that starting base price is $90,500 plus options for a brand new one, but wait time is around 4-6 months! So i asked why and his response was that there is a delay from Ferrari with delivering their engines... is there some truth to that?
Either way, the white one asking 93k, there should be some room to play with that number i would assume.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Trofeo White is a beautiful color especially in the sun! Shows off the carbon fiber and the Tecnico wheels look right. Based on pics check the brake pad life, tires, do the drill and ask for a full wheels off detail. So i say go see, ask questions and if it feels right and the price is right. Best of luck on the decision.

·
Registered
58 Posts
OP,

That was the Canadian press car that all the mags used to write up their review hence the mileage count. The dealer has had it since late summer / early fall of 2017. It would be an early build date Giulia Quad. I purchased my '18 Quad from this dealership

Regards,

·
Registered
343 Posts
Yes thats right, sorry thats 93k Canadian dollars, but interestingly enough, another dealership told me that starting base price is $90,500 plus options for a brand new one, but wait time is around 4-6 months! So i asked why and his response was that there is a delay from Ferrari with delivering their engines... is there some truth to that?
Either way, the white one asking 93k, there should be some room to play with that number i would assume.
Sorry! I also think 2+2=5 LOL

·
Registered
537 Posts
That’s a sweet colour and a good price for the car I would say, our last one was 102k sticker, but it was black and had the carbon seat option. If it was a magazine test car I’m thinking that would be a cool bit of history to have, especially since it was likely the first one in Canada. Plus, unless you told people, nobody would ever know it wasn’t a brand new car since you will be the first actual owner.
I would bet the car would sell for $90k.
Have them clean it up and go take a look (not sure why anyone ever snaps a dirty car, let alone a $90k car), that colour is a pricey option and very nice in person.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OP,

That was the Canadian press car that all the mags used to write up their review hence the mileage count. The dealer has had it since late summer / early fall of 2017. It would be an early build date Giulia Quad. I purchased my '18 Quad from this dealership

Regards,
Thanks for that information pgicante, i can maybe use that to my advantage for bargaining seeing as they had it for a few good months now just sitting there collecting dust!

Since its one of the first batches made, is there anything i should watch out for? Things that were later revised or anything like that

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
First think I would negotiate (DEMAND) is the replacement of the front fascia skin due to the HIDEOUS LICENSE PLATE MOUNT DRILLED INTO THE BUMPER !!!! OMG...Are they KIDDING ?

Next...The White is a glorious color...it is more like Pearl Metallic....quite lovely...

As for price, you're there and you're interested...that gives you leverage...They will act aloof and cool but believe me, they're glad you're there..there are a few factors...if the car was not registered then you should be the first titled owner...there is a financing advantage there...but regardless, this is a one year old used car...20 % off MSRP is the number you should throw at them..If you're firm (and lucky) and there are no other potential buyers and it's close to the end of the month...You might score a very goog dial..........but I would say anywhere from 10 - 20 % off is pretty good

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So in other words I should try and get off around 14k off the asking price, which is around 15% let's just say. I wouldn't think they would go for such an offer but at the same time if they want my business they should entertain it, and I'd love to sign up at that price!
As for the front plate mount, it's required to have both plates here so unfortunately I'd have to use it.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Thanks for that information pgicante, i can maybe use that to my advantage for bargaining seeing as they had it for a few good months now just sitting there collecting dust!

Since its one of the first batches made, is there anything i should watch out for? Things that were later revised or anything like that
Just make sure the RRTs have been completed, sales never ever does them unless someone from service notices, not really their fault, they don’t know there are any rrts.

And just my opinion, 15-20% off would be nice, but akin to teaching a pig to fly, lol, good luck with it though, it’s possible I’m sure. And I always say you’re better to start low and meet in the middle. Nice weather is coming and the car will certainly sell quickly once it hits, a Rwd Quad selling in the winter is an unlikely proposition.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well, one important question is what was the new sticker price. If this dealership has always had it then they know that and all the options that are included. Considering that they used it as a press demo I would think it is highly equipped. That will give you some idea of what you are already getting off. Yes it's used, but by the dealer.

If you buy, they should take care of the front bumper, wheels off detail by a quality shop and ensure that all software updates, TSB's and whatever this particular VIN is allowed to have updated has been. That last thing, since it is a dealer demo I tend to think SW has been updated but it never hurts to check

·
Registered
31 Posts
Trofeo is the fastest color! Car appears to be in good condition, but the brakes look a bit scrubbed. I would pay close attention to the wear and condition of the brakes and tires. Might be worth having rotor thickness checked, as well.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the inputs guys, appreciate it!
I sent them my trade in info, and they came back with a trade offer that i was not expecting, very very low! i have asked him twice now via email about the price of the Alfa, if its negotiable, and what was the brand new sticker price on it, and even now he avoided that question.
I think at this point i have to go in and see it for myself and talk to him in person.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
good luck! keep as informed. The good news is the engine's broken in so you can join us for a track day in May if all goes well ;) If that's not motivation...

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
why would you want to talk to someone who won't even respond to you?
you walk in there and he's got the upper hand, you are "desperate".
how old is the car, how long has it been for sale?
I'd wait for him to call me.

the fellow who called me as soon as he could take my order (stelvio quad) got it, the guys who are waiting for me to come back in or call back already lost the sale. maybe they think I was a "tire kicker'/ just talking, I don't care.

of course I am where there are more cars and dealers available.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
I also live in a Two Plate State but I would never deface my Quad by DRILLING THE FRONT BUMPER...There are Tow Hook options for the front plate or just behave and leave it bare in the front !!! D >:)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts