Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, I am hoping to be able to joint the culture once and if I sign the deal. With that said I wanted to ask if you guys would consider the deal I am being presented a fair deal (good) or a bad deal.

Sticker with all options = 43,800
Dealer is selling me the car for 41,500.00
It appears they are also giving me a 3,500 discount to get rid of negative equity I am bringing into the deal from my 2015 Fiat Abarth.

So essentially I am buying the car for 41,500.00

·
Registered
231 Posts
Hi Folks, I am hoping to be able to joint the culture once and if I sign the deal. With that said I wanted to ask if you guys would consider the deal I am being presented a fair deal (good) or a bad deal.

It appears they are also giving me a 3,500 discount to get rid of negative equity I am bringing into the deal from my 2015 Fiat Abarth.

Hi,
IMO since you getting almost 6k off I would say it is good deal.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sounds good. I m happy with that.
Thank you everyone. Can't wait. fingers crossed.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and apparently they only change a little trim piece inside around the speakers and the AC knob?

·
Registered
692 Posts

May be an ok deal, but only if the assessment of $3500 negative equity on the Fiat is fair. Have you checked the KBB, edmunds, NADA value?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discount of $5800 on MSRP of $3,800 = 13.24% right in line with the deal I just got.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
perfect guys. I got the car earlier !! I am very happy.

Reactions: Chipshot

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
right now, I don't like the wheel offset so I need to get spacers. Not sure why the sell the car with such low offset wheels look inwards.
I am on the sport 18" wheels.

So far I enjoy driving it. can't wait to drive it to work tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Read about the Centerline Corsa Exhaust by Magnaflow and the V2 Intake from Eurocompulsion. You won't believe how they transform the car. I'm wating for the chip to become available. The Guys at Eurocompulsion are awesome to deal with and have a passion for Alfas. It shows in their products.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do want to get the V2 intake. But desperately need new wheels and tires or spacers.
I am not liking the A/S tires...

Guys, I have a question, please don't laugh - because I should have know better.
But does the TI come with Lane departure and blind spot detection? Apparently those were not options installed on my car... never realized those were not standard since "all" cars have them now.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
I do want to get the V2 intake. But desperately need new wheels and tires or spacers.

Guys, I have a question, please don't laugh - because I should have know better.
But does the TI come with Lane departure and blind spot detection? Apparently those were not options installed on my car... never realized those were not standard since "all" cars have them now.
"All" cars do not have them. They are part of the Giulia's driver assist packages.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts

Those features aren't standard. Blind Spot is part of the Driver Assistance Static package, and Lane Departure is part of the Driver Assistance Dynamic Plus package. I agree that the Blind Spot feature should be standard on a car like this.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank for you guys for the responses.
I have 3 issues I need to some feeback one please.

1- brakes feel gritty. Car stops but they feel sandy..?
2- start/stop is not working
3- at low speeds (less than 50 mhp) I sometimes notice what I can best describe as a drivetrain clunk or thump along the car as I slow down or accelerate. I want to say the driveshaft?

thanks

·
Registered
332 Posts
What is your build date?

The brakes wear in nicely after several drives. They are characteristically grabby and makes low speed modulation difficult (known characteristic). The low speed reaccel is also a known issue and many have boiled it down to engine misfiring. A few threads on this if you do a search. Apparently a software update is on the way and should address it, eta unknown.

Oh, and start stop won’t work for a few hundred miles. Once the battery is up to health it will allow it to start working and you will wish it was dead again.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
What is your build date?

The brakes wear in nicely after several drives. They are characteristically grabby and makes low speed modulation difficult (known characteristic). The low speed reaccel is also a known issue and many have boiled it down to engine misfiring. A few threads on this if you do a search. Apparently a software update is on the way and should address it, eta unknown.

Oh, and start stop won’t work for a few hundred miles. Once the battery is up to health it will allow it to start working and you will wish it was dead again.

How do I look at that up?

Re: brakes, they are getting better little by little I guess.
Re: the low speed reacceleration? - is that what causes the thumping? sure does feel like a misfire or knock :surprise:
Re: Start stop... make sense since the car was parked for a long time in the lot. I did get the battery icon on the dash yesterday

So it sounds like its all normal ?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Should be on your door sill. Yup sounds like my own experience and that of many others on here. Keep an eye on the “thumping” as it has gotten worse on some cars.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,463 Posts
My car's stop-start worked from day one.

Reactions: AbarthFox
1 - 20 of 31 Posts