Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't want to start a thread about Apple v. Google; but I do wonder if Connect 3D includes integration with either.

·
Registered
420 Posts
It's possible although they might not say it right now. For all we know it could be something as simple as uploading software made available and that's how simple it should be come time to make that decision.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I don't want to start a thread about Apple v. Google; but I do wonder if Connect 3D includes integration with either.
By this do you mean support for Car Play and Android Auto projection modes?

BTW, they have already said the system will connect to Android and Apple phones, but not much beyond that. The connection they claim may be nothing more than Bluetooth.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Even with it being able to connect to those systems im afraid we might have some issue in connecting to our phones since that always seems to be an issue.

·
Registered
242 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
CNET's Stelvo article says it will come standard on Stelvio. Since both cars use the same infotainment system, it's likely this just wasn't ready in time for Giulia launch and they didn't want to delay just for that.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/auto/2018-alfa-romeo-stelvio/preview/

BTW, the article says it comes standard on all system, even base 6.5"
Two infotainment screens are available, a standard 6.5-inch screen or an 8.8-inch widescreen. Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are standard, regardless of screen size.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I just picked up my Ti with the sports package this weekend. Would love to see them push an update to the infotainment system to make it Android Auto compatible.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Last year they were discussions on an implementation of tomtom live services as well (live traffic, speed cameras). Any of you has heard anything on how this will be implemented?

·
Registered
196 Posts
By this do you mean support for Car Play and Android Auto projection modes?

BTW, they have already said the system will connect to Android and Apple phones, but not much beyond that. The connection they claim may be nothing more than Bluetooth.
I have a Guilia Q, does not have apple play, but does connect seamlessly with my I phone and ipod

·
Registered
5,018 Posts
okay so which one of you tech gurus would like to do all of us techno challenged Q owner a webinar on how to use the infotainment??? LOL

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do we know if the 2017's will have Apple CarPlay?
Further down on this Apple CarPlay page the Alfa Romeo logo is there. Indicating they have indeed partnered with Apple to implimate CarPlay into future (and maybe current?) Alfa Romeos. :smile2:

**On a side note the Giulia has provided the best Bluetooth experince for me. It beats out the newest iDrive by miles; one simple click and its connected to my iPhone within seconds of the car being turned on. No hesitation on the cars part nor any fuss on my part.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I emailed Alfa directly and received an email reply saying this:

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Alfa Romeo Giulia!

At this time Alfa Romeo USA has not announced that Apple Carplay or
Android Auto will be a featured offered for the Giulia Models. If this
feature is offered for future model years it will not be something that
can be retrofitted on older models.

Bummer.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I emailed Alfa directly and received an email reply saying this:

Congratulations on the purchase of your new Alfa Romeo Giulia!

At this time Alfa Romeo USA has not announced that Apple Carplay or
Android Auto will be a featured offered for the Giulia Models. If this
feature is offered for future model years it will not be something that
can be retrofitted on older models.

Bummer.
That is what Alfa told me also, what you get now in the 2017 is it.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Really disappointed but not totally surprised to hear that. I was hoping I would finally get a car where I didn't have to have the phone in a holder at eye height. But I knew this was a possibility and have been looking for phone holders that will work. Have to say I don't understand why car play would be hardware dependent and therefore impossible to retrofit. It definitely reduces my option of Alfa Romeo because they gave a lot of people the idea that CarPlay was coming to the 2107's.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Well, the 2018 changeover should happen fairly soon (anyone with a date when this should happen)? At this point I'd consider waiting for Apple Carplay connectivity, LED headlights, and additional exterior colors (i.e., Misano Blue). Plus, some of the quality gremlins should be engineered out by then. A bonus for 2018 would be some sort of performance exhaust for 4-pot motors.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Which works as a strategy unless like me you are a couple of months into a special order process. Looks like I will get one of they very last 2017's with some bonus depreciation thrown in and minus any prospect of getting live traffic or CarPlay ever. Making me feel like a fool for ordering when I did, oh well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts