Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it's been getting cooler here in PA I've noticed an annoying issue. It seems whenever I drive my car I get fog on all of the windows and the only way to get rid of it is to crank up the defroster/defogger to full blast ( with the attendant heat). however, as soon as I should it off, or it turns off on its own accord, or I adjust the temp then the fog quickly comes back. I've never had this issue with any other car I've owned.

It's seems absurd that I would have to have the defogger cranked up full blast constantly and sweat my [email protected] off just to keep the windows from fogging up.

Any tips on this? please tell me am I missing something.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Crack a window away from you and make sure the recirc is off. Are the drains clear around the windshield and rear window? What are the temps and humidity. Change of seasons is always a pain, especially with rain.

·
Registered
187 Posts
The air doesn?t need to be on heat to clear the fog. As long as the AC is on, the temp can be whatever you desire. Fan speed shouldn?t matter much either. Are the windows clean? I would get condensation but the windows were prett dirty even though they didn?t seem like they were. HTH.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
If condensation is so persistent despite auto climate on and recirculation off humidity sensor could be at fault.....

We had much cooler and very wet humid weather last week and my car performed as well as any other I had before, not a hint of fogging with auto climate and recirc off

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
I have been dealing with fog here in ATL for several weeks, and the rear defrosters takes about 20 minutes or so to get the window clear. I asked the dealer and he said that it is normal as the defrost is only there to de-ice the windshield.

Now, as the name makes sense (defrost), I never had a car that took 20 minutes or longer to get fog of the window. Everything else works pretty quick.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I've been having the same issue this past week in Ohio. It has been incredibly annoying to deal with. However, I just crack a window and it usually seems to clear the windows.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,729 Posts
If you have the leather package (leather dashboard) you also get the air quality control system. This automagically puts the car in recirc if the car thinks the outside air quality is poor. Might this be causing part of the problem?

A/C can be problematic for de-humidifying cold air due to freezing problems in the evaporator. Some vehicles automatically shut off the A/C when the outside temperature drops below some threshold. I do not know if Giulia does this.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,469 Posts
I have seen some front side and rear window fog. Changing air distribution to blow air on the windows and running the rear defroster has so far done the trick.

My understanding is that the A/C compressor should be run from time-to-time during the winter to maintain lubrication.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Had an issue with the fogging but I set everything to auto and the car fixed the problem on its own.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,469 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I also notice that even in may garage overnight, the inside of the windshield and other windows can get pretty sooty and cloudy just from the smog around the city. It takes a few days but there is enough to wipe off or catch headlight glare at night if you don't clean it off. Really annoying as you don't notice it until headlights or evening sun bring it to your attention when you are already moving. Then you do the traffic light dance with your microfiber cloth from the drivers seat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts