Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Here is some data for you.

Rectangle Slope Line Font Parallel

I trust this shop a lot and feel their dyno numbers are very accurate. But as others have stated cars can read different dyno numbers for tons of reasons. This was with about 85 degree weather and overall DA of about 2300.

My 60-130 is about 7.7 (4 AM so very damp roads. Broke traction shifting into third or it would have been a little lower. If you are just tuned for pump gas I would say anything around high 7s low 8s like Phil said is making normal power. Depending on DA. Traction is by far my biggest issue at this point in time but I have got my 0-60 down to 3.11.

I was getting so frustrated on my 60-130 pulls because they would be around 8 seconds and Phil has posted a 7.29. Until I checked a few things. He ran his in 53 degree weather with literally a NEGATIVE -1511. The other guy who holds the number 2 spot. Same story. Low temps and good DA.

Edit: I should add that where I live it is hot and humid as hell. We are lucky to have a DA of around 2500. Most of the time its over 3k. Damn South East US.

I cannot stress enough how bad the DA can impact this engine. Twin turboed and bad DA... it loses a ton of power.

I do not know where you live but if you can do it with some cool weather and a decent DA. Under 1000 or better that should give you some good info. If you are pulling anything worse than low 8s with good DA then you for sure have some power loss. Assuming of course level ground. If it is high 7s or very low 8s then I would say you are good.

@Alfa Philly coming for that #1 60-130 spot when the weather cools down where I live ;) assuming of course the beast is not done by then. In which case I will not be anywhere close.

·
Registered
426 Posts
i hope you can get it. But the beast will be done by next weekend. Stock intake. Stock tires best chance at a low 7s 60-130. Toyo r888 are slow at higher speeds. Good luck
Yea about to change over to some regular street "performance" tires for the winter anyway. Glad to hear it about the car. I am super excited to see how it turns out. I will gladly take the number 2 spot in this case.

DA right now is around ~3500 here in Dallas. Supposed to be near ~1000 if I wake at 5am on Thursday. I ran a 7.7 before.

Got negative DA once but the car would just spin on the 2-3 shift. Kept running 8.3.
The struggles of living in our types of areas man... When I took it out at 4 am to try to make that pass it was the same. 2-3 shift I would just break every time. It is so early the moisture is still on the roads here. I am hoping that when it cools down here in the next few months I can get some decent runs in then. But before then I am just shit out of luck.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Dude that car is going to make some INSANE power up once you get it home. Nice cool temps and low humidity. Near sea level. The dream.

Shit it will make it down here also but cant wait to see what you put up on Draggy

·
Registered
426 Posts
Post those numbers after that run. Going to make a few this week myself. Our DA should be around 500. Dam good for here.
With fresh new heat-cycled Toyo RRs. So traction hopefully wont be an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts