Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost every time I am out with my ARGQ, I get copious comments and compliments and questions.

Today, my Uber driver (I had to drop my daughter's car at the mechanic) upon seeing my new Alfa Romeo: "Oh my God that is a beautiful car! I'm getting chill bumps right now just looking at it!"

Today, I was wearing a Hawaiian shirt which also gets a ton of compliments and comments.

So I was keeping a comparison tally:

Shirt: 4
ARGQ: 4

All even !! :)

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Minus the shirt, I had a similar experience. My neighbor who's not a car guy at all stops mid sentence while we are talking, starts staring at the car as says "that really is a truly beautiful car" :D

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,820 Posts
i had to give the dealership my shirt

i was at a set of lights when an absolutely gorgeous Giulia Veloce went past in front of me, gunmetal silver with a black glass sunroof all shimmering and shiny under the street lights as it went past, and my instant reaction was hey thats a nice car, what is that? oh ... same one as im in LoL

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
I just recently started a new job, my first job where I actually go into a physical building everyday for once -- there is a man from Sicily who I am talking to more and more, he had a Giulia back in the 1970s and his brother is an Alfa Romeo mechanic in Italy, he was surprised to see a brand new Alfa in the parking lot. Later in the day, I follow him to the breakroom and we make some espresso and then one of the head chefs walks in and they start talking. Eventually, he also mentions about his family in Italy and his brother, and then the chef says "yeah, Alfa Romeo is trying to make a comeback in the US, they have some great new models" I then introduce myself and tell him that I have one, and he says that he has seen it in the parking lot, but didn't know who had it. It is quite the conversation starter

To me, people are interested or 'notice' the Alfa because it's a beautiful car, and truly fascinating -- rather than just another car that people with money want to show off, and to me, that is a rarity these days

·
Registered
641 Posts
Almost every time I am out with my ARGQ, I get copious comments and compliments and questions.

Today, my Uber driver (I had to drop my daughter's car at the mechanic) upon seeing my new Alfa Romeo: "Oh my God that is a beautiful car! I'm getting chill bumps right now just looking at it!"

Today, I was wearing a Hawaiian shirt which also gets a ton of compliments and comments.

So I was keeping a comparison tally:

Shirt: 4
ARGQ: 4

All even !!
Same here....every single time someone at a traffic light winds the window down and gives a thumbs up or asks a question. I'm a little disturbed that your Hawaiian shirt gets compliments. I suspect you don't live in New York.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,472 Posts
Same here....every single time someone at a traffic light winds the window down and gives a thumbs up or asks a question. I'm a little disturbed that your Hawaiian shirt gets compliments. I suspect you don't live in New York.
There are probably more Hawaiian shirts in the tri-state area than there are in Hawaii.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
482 Posts
After one week of ownership, today I saw my first rubbernecking pedestrian as I drove by, and 10 min later at a red light, the car next to me rolled down a window to ask what that "cool looking car is", they had never seen one before.

Haven't had that happen since I was an early adopter of the Acura TL Type S in the early 2000s.

·
Registered
547 Posts
After one week of ownership, today I saw my first rubbernecking pedestrian as I drove by, and 10 min later at a red light, the car next to me rolled down a window to ask what that "cool looking car is", they had never seen one before.

Haven't had that happen since I was an early adopter of the Acura TL Type S in the early 2000s.
Well get used to it Dr. Klopek, the Giulia's are sexier that hsit..... I hope the bad press continues cause I don't want this car to become another Toyota or Honda....

·
Registered
170 Posts

Well get used to it Dr. Klopek, the Giulia's are sexier that hsit..... I hope the bad press continues cause I don't want this car to become another Toyota or Honda....
You're the man. Can I +1 / like on mobile? I've noticed that on my desktop posts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts