Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I currently have a BMW M135i which I'm looking to change for a 2.0T Giulia Veloce.

Before I do this what are the common issues with the Giulias? I know Alfa haven't got the best reliability record so what should I look out for?

Also has anyone had a detachable towbar fitted, I'll need to tow a jet ski on the odd occasion (please don't roast me haha)
I owned an early 2017 Giulia TI and it had its share of software update recalls , but nothing ever broke and never left me stranded by the side of the road. The 2017 with 30,000 miles on it felt as solid as it did when I bought it when I traded it in for my 2020 Giulia TI. The 2020 has had ZERO issues so far after 3 months of driving . Enjoy the Giulia Veloce !

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,716 Posts
What’s your recommendation
Please give me brand / model If you Are in the USA .
Thanks
I’ve had a PLX Kiwi3 for a couple years now and like it very much. I leave it plugged it all the time, and quickly connect to it with the DashCommand app when needed. It has been flawless.

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
That is an aftermarket solution, not the one in the official Alfa catalog. Not sure how expensive is that one though.
Oddly even for my wife's Subaru Forester (she traded in the Crosstrek a couple of months ago, I need to update my signature) the dealer says the OEM hitch is overpriced and poorly implemented, buy aftermarket.

I do not know if a European standard tow bar is legal in the USA. I do not ever recollect seeing one, nor do I recollect ever seeing a USA style hitch receiver that fits Giulia Type 952.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Sorry, didn’t know your post was specifically referring to an OEM hitch. Never knew they made one.
Yes it's very hidden. Not offered in the US cause I guess they didn't want to deal with the regulations.

Go to www.alfaromeo.it/mopar (sorry it's in Italian. I tried the UK version but it doesn't work)
Click on the search lens top right of the page and search for code 50903630.
Click on the second link. It will prompt you to enter year, model make etc and finally you will get to the accessory list.
Select the category "Tempo Libero" (free time) and you will land to a list of cargo bars, ski/surf/bike racks, and the hitch.

Here are hitch, cables and cover (cover available for both bumper styles)

Prices are listed as € 700 for the hitch, € 250 for the cables and € 150 for the cover.
Maybe @Alfissimo can do some magic and import it to the US partnering with a European dealer.

Hitch seems to be removable ("estraibile") and the max towing capacity is declared at 3,500 lbs.

·
Registered
1987 Milano Platinum
115 Posts
Select the category "Tempo Libero" (free time) and you will land to a list of cargo bars, ski/surf/bike racks, and the hitch.
Someone should use that connection capability to make a removable class-1 receiver hitch so we can attach a bike rack (I can't use a roof rack for clearance reasons)

41 - 49 of 49 Posts