Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I m new here from germany and have a Giulia QV in Rosso Competizione since a few days. Problem is that the bumbers are darker then the rest of the car. Is there anybody who has the same problem?

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
I have an RC and have no such issue...I do however have headlight washer caps that are Alfa Rosso !!??? had to replace one that just popped off one day...came in the wrong paint color...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is a photo. It was typically for Alfa in earlier years e.g. for the GTV in 90 tis where there where big differences in Alfa Rosso if you compare the bumpers and the rest. Its not that easy to see here, but there is a difference and I think for a 88 t€ car it should not be.

Attachments

·
Registered
473 Posts
I have a QV in Alfa Red, and the front bumper is slightly different from the rest of the car. I'm taking it to a detailer on Wednesday to get a ceramic coating and to have the front bumper wrapped with a clear film. I'll see what he thinks about it before I do anything else. I'm not too thrilled with the prospect of repainting the bumper with now guarantee that the finished result will be any better.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could you perhaps just send a pic before and after wrapping/coating to see if there is any difference. I think this could be an idea instead of painting the bumpers.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Could you perhaps just send a pic before and after wrapping/coating to see if there is any difference. I think this could be an idea instead of painting the bumpers.
I'll try but I'm not sure if the camera will be able to show the slight mismatch.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi,
I m new here from germany and have a Giulia QV in Rosso Competizione since a few days. Problem is that the bumbers are darker then the rest of the car. Is there anybody who has the same problem?
Stunning car in this video, but to me it does appear that the front bumper is a touch darker than the fenders and hood?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot, that s exactly the same as by my Giulia. So it seems to be normal that the bumper is always a little bit darker. I have asked for clearance at my dealer. Will se what they will offer.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I wonder if it has to do with the angle the light bounces off before it gets to the observer's eye? The fact that it's a tri-coat, and a subtle metal flake, etc.?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
OK so now we can add paint issues to the list of quirks and gremlins. But it's not too surprising, given the fact that it's a different material than the hood and fenders. Look carefully and see if it's orange peel or some kind of imperfection in the paint that can be removed by a detailer/paint shop. That's a whole lot easier than a respray.

Reactions: Max
1 - 15 of 15 Posts