Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never thought I could collect this many rocks in the rear diffuser! It's an actual hand full of rocks. I don't drive on gravel roads either.

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
I believe it's caused by the sticky tires. Developers of the Ford GT350 had a similar issue and came up with a design for the exhaust tips with holes to drop the rocks.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe it's caused by the sticky tires. Developers of the Ford GT350 had a similar issue and came up with a design for the exhaust tips with holes to drop the rocks.
That's what I figured also. There's one more track day left in these tires, then I'll be going to a less sticky rubber. Just for practicalledy purposes.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Where did they get stuck in the diffuser? Don't they just slide down the incline after the car is parked ?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Where did they get stuck in the diffuser? Don't they just slide down the incline after the car is parked ?
look past the exhaust tips from the back. You can actually reach in by the exhaust and pic most of the rocks out. That's how i got them out.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
OK...so they're further in....the black plastic below the pipes doesn't seem to have a "lip" where they'd get caught....I gotta tell you...I've been washing this thing daily so I may be flushing them out when I detail the pipes....I'll check....Do you hear them when you're driving ?

·
Registered
296 Posts
I checked mine (QV) as well and there are quite a bit of stones in there as viewed from the tailpipes. I wonder if you shoot a garden hose in there if they would flow out somewhere... otherwise it doesn't seem like much of an issue.

If you needed to hide anything, there is a lot of room under there...

2000 miles on my car so far.

·
Registered
334 Posts
If you take a hose and spray under the exhaust tips it will push the rocks up by the back wheels and out on the ground. I live on a dirt road and have to this to the Q about once a week. You can also reach in and pull them out, but I usually just hose them out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I received my used QV about a month ago and must have vacuumed rocks and dust from each side for an hour.... shame on the dealer for not catching it and cleaning it before it got to me

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you take a hose and spray under the exhaust tips it will push the rocks up by the back wheels and out on the ground. I live on a dirt road and have to this to the Q about once a week. You can also reach in and pull them out, but I usually just hose them out.
I just use my vacuum cleaner to suck them up .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts