Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving to get grocery on A mode was fine with no issues but on the way back I notice that my AC wasn't blowing cold air I check the setting which was at 60 degree and when I got home and parked the car outside the driveway to go inside drop the all the bags, as I walk out Id hear the car sputtering like it misfiring and then shut off with the the ETC and CEL so I pull the code up P2371 and P008A. Any though on this issues.

2017 Giulia QV 36231miles

·
Registered
488 Posts
I believe the P008A is low fuel pressure, which might be caused by the fuel pump. I know some had their fuel pumps replaced. Did you erase the codes? Did it all clear up or still an issue after?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe the P008A is low fuel pressure, which might be caused by the fuel pump. I know some had their fuel pumps replaced. Did you erase the codes? Did it all clear up or still an issue after?
So I made a appointment at the dealership to see what the problem is hopefully it some little; I don’t understand how a car which practically new ha e these issues

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
2017s had the fuel pump issue. There was a TSB for it. Dealer should fix it.

Thanks I’m taking it to the dealer Friday to see what sup with it, it pain to see this happen to a car like this

·
Registered
488 Posts
So I made a appointment at the dealership to see what the problem is hopefully it some little; I don’t understand how a car which practically new ha e these issues
For a car being 4+ years old isn't so new anymore. Plus a lot of manufacturers have recalls or bulletins such as this, so really its not that bad, you have an issue, they will take care of it.

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Ti Q2, Performance Pack
1,959 Posts
While you're not wrong keep in mind this is an entirely new platform not just an update of existing ones. Think back to the first of bmw twin turbo straight 6 engines and the amount of teething they went through for years and years. Remember the 2.0l direct injected audi turbo engine that was engine of the year in 2006. They went through class action lawsuits and didn't get them sorted until 2014.

Its not excuses but it does add perspective

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Sorry to hear. Both P2371 and P008A are probably related and perhaps, easy to troubleshoot and fix by the dealership. I hope your dealership is one of the good/capable ones.

As shared above P008A is about fuel pump and/or pressure and the P2371 may be about the oxygen sensors which measure the oxygen in the exhaust to determine how rich or lean the ratio of fuel and air are in the cylinders (fuel pressure or fuel pump?).

Can you please clarify what do you mean by "... I don’t understand how a car which is practically new has these issues..."? Would 10 years and 120,000 miles be OK with you to start having issues?.

And what about "... it pain to see this happen to a car like this...". Are you expecting zero issues on a 2017 Giulia QV?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For a car being 4+ years old isn't so new anymore. Plus a lot of manufacturers have recalls or bulletins such as this, so really its not that bad, you have an issue, they will take care of it.
You’re absolutely right that’s why I’m taking it over on Friday to get it sort out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
While you're not wrong keep in mind this is an entirely new platform not just an update of existing ones. Think back to the first of bmw twin turbo straight 6 engines and the amount of teething they went through for years and years. Remember the 2.0l direct injected audi turbo engine that was engine of the year in 2006. They went through class action lawsuits and didn't get them sorted until 2014.

Its not excuses but it does add perspective
Actually I did remember those infamous BMW 335i with the N54 series that had it problems but then that was in 2006; I thought that they would learn from each other mistakes and make it better for us consumers

·
Registered
488 Posts
Manufacturers by now are more than capable of creating/building a car that can last with virtually zero problems. But I think reasons that they don't is cost, time and if a car was so perfect, it would rarely ever need service, which dealerships live off of. This is just my opinion though. I think the QV is a perfect car in a sense of looks, power, comfort, everything combined, despite the odd glitch or issue which is expected to happen with any other car as well.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry to hear. Both P2371 and P008A are probably related and perhaps, easy to troubleshoot and fix by the dealership. I hope your dealership is one of the good/capable ones.

As shared above P008A is about fuel pump and/or pressure and the P2371 may be about the oxygen sensors which measure the oxygen in the exhaust to determine how rich or lean the ratio of fuel and air are in the cylinders (fuel pressure or fuel pump?).

Can you please clarify what do you mean by "... I don’t understand how a car which is practically new has these issues..."? Would 10 years and 120,000 miles be OK with you to start having issues?.

And what about "... it pain to see this happen to a car like this...". Are you expecting zero issues on a 2017 Giulia QV?
Thanks for your input on those codes; I really appreciate it a lot. But what I mean is that car this age shouldn’t be trouble some; of course a 10yrs car with 120k+ miles will have it problems. With modern day tech in 2017, I think that these problems can be solved but just over looked it. And the last part was it pain me cause this is my favorite car that I look forward to drive on the weekends I don’t expect zero issues what do ever; I just thought that this just bother some.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Manufacturers by now are more than capable of creating/building a car that can last with virtually zero problems. But I think reasons that they don't is cost, time and if a car was so perfect, it would rarely ever need service, which dealerships live off of. This is just my opinion though. I think the QV is a perfect car in a sense of looks, power, comfort, everything combined, despite the odd glitch or issue which is expected to happen with any other car as well.
I understand exactly what you’re saying; the car is amazing; by far the best one I have.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Thanks for your input on those codes; I really appreciate it a lot. But what I mean is that car this age shouldn’t be trouble some; of course a 10yrs car with 120k+ miles will have it problems. With modern day tech in 2017, I think that these problems can be solved but just over looked it. And the last part was it pain me cause this is my favorite car that I look forward to drive on the weekends I don’t expect zero issues what do ever; I just thought that this just bother some.
Got it. I think that with this QV engine kind of technology, electronics, complexity and sophistication, I would always expect some issues at any age and millage. That will get the false expectative of zero issues out of the way. I agree that all the issues must be fixed by the dealerships in reasonable timings and costs. Enjoy (and enjoy the dozens of compliments you will get) every time that you are riding issues-free and that will offset, big time, the few moments when issues will show up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts