Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m based out of Denver and looking for some looking for some low traffic driving roads. I’m also looking for the ultimate Colorado weekend drive. Any suggestions? I I’ve got some ideas, but it’d be nice to know which are great paved roads with low traffic.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Steps:
1. Buy this:
https://www.butlermaps.com/motorcycle-road-maps/colorado-map/

2. Drive everything marked in gold.

Yes it's marketed towards motorcyclists but, having ridden every single road highlighted in this map I can guarantee you they will not disappoint*

*Traffic is an uncontrollable factor; drive them off-season and early as possible in the day. Especially any road located in a National Park.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The drive from Wolcott (in Eagle County where i live) to Steamboat is amazing! Morning drives have the least amount of traffic. The express cafe in phippsburg has the best coffee in Colorado. CO-131 N. You can take this all the way to Wyoming. Its a long drive from Denver and you have to drive the pass with the tourists and front-rangers(no offense). Also the drive from Denver to Crested Butte has some fun stretches. I always see Elk and Antelope on that drive. the rozzers have been in full force on I70 so a good radar detector is a must right now. Glenwood canyon is always a fun rout but that would be a far drive for you. A beautiful drive is Denver to Monticello Utah to the "Line Camp Steakhouse" Best strawberry lemonade and the owner owns the cattle ranch. I cant think of anything else right now but I am sure more will come to me

·
Registered
261 Posts
I’m also looking for the ultimate Colorado weekend drive. Any suggestions?
One of the greatest drives in the country, heck the world, is the Million Dollar Highway from Silverton to Ouray. Start in Durango, then to Silverton, and make a grand loop that includes Telluride. Fabulous, unparalleled, scenery, and the road is Perfect for the Giulia

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.