Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I put the Cloverleaf fender badges on my Ti, ordered the brushed aluminum ones for a European Gulietta. Do you guys think it?s blasphemy and heresy against Alfa dogma or, as I think looks good, and still flows with the original intent of putting a Cloverleaf on racing Alfas?

Attachments

·
Vendor
619 Posts
So, I put the Cloverleaf fender badges on my Ti, ordered the brushed aluminum ones for a European Gulietta. Do you guys think it?s blasphemy and heresy against Alfa dogma or, as I think looks good, and still flows with the original intent of putting a Cloverleaf on racing Alfas?
They look nice and whatever floats your boat, its your car. Happy that they are OEM badges and not Chinese knockoffs that some vendors sell.

Just make sure when someone in a E63 AMG leaves you in the dust that you tell him its a Ti. :grin2:

·
Registered
5,506 Posts
If you like it, then its all good...doesn't look out of place at all.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Hehe, no worries mate. At this point, it "increases the stock price" of the Quadrifoglio. More interest, more reverence. I just wish they would ship the bloody things! :D Do what you can to improve performance 280hp is not bad at all. Exhaust might be the first step.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
954 Posts
It does not look out of place because the Q has it so we are accustomed to the look. The QV's emblem is flushed with the fender compared to yours. Alfistas would know and understand your intent with the emblem, any other individual would probably consider this similar to placing M or AMG badges on regular trim cars. Which is a reason why I chose a different emblem on mine.

But personally, I think the regular Giulias need an emblem! LOL the sides are far too bland.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
"putting these on my C-pillars"

if I end up with a 4 cylinder, I would really think about a set of the 1750GTV c pillar badges which are quadrifoglios.

I do think it's "alfatude", and they have appeared on many models, but I wouldn't want to give the impression it's something it isn't.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
IMO, it's akin to "Type R" badges on non Type-R cars, or "M" badges on non-M cars.

I also dislike badging altogether.
I don?t think it?s as simple as that, unlike the examples above, the Cloverleaf has appeared on numerous Alfa cars over the decades that did not mean Performance ONLY model. The Cloverleaf is more universal good luck charm for the entire Alfa history. Plus the fenders do look very empty without some sort of a finishing touch.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
"putting these on my C-pillars"

if I end up with a 4 cylinder, I would really think about a set of the 1750GTV c pillar badges which are quadrifoglios.

I do think it's "alfatude", and they have appeared on many models, but I wouldn't want to give the impression it's something it isn't.
Important to note however that the 1750 C Pillar badge is a "Gold" Quadrifoglio....not green....for the 105 body coupes, the Green C Pillar Quadrifoglio only appears on the 1600 Veloce (Step Nose) model which is a more "tuned" version of the 1600 engine....

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
But maybe the "Gold" Quad would be a nice way for Ti's to badge their cars without worrying about "posing".....For my two cents, it's your car....do as you please....JUST DON'T LET STATE LEGISLATORS FORCE YOU TO DEFACE YOUR PROPERTY BY DRILLING THE FRONT BUMPER !!!! ...sorry about the rant....lost myself there for a second....

·
Registered
647 Posts
But maybe the "Gold" Quad would be a nice way for Ti's to badge their cars without worrying about "posing".....For my two cents, it's your car....do as you please....JUST DON'T LET STATE LEGISLATORS FORCE YOU TO DEFACE YOUR PROPERTY BY DRILLING THE FRONT BUMPER !!!! ...sorry about the rant....lost myself there for a second....
Probably no more defacing than when my dentist drills into my front teeth! :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Yeah Ti wing is just missing something there....here is how mine looks....bit I also think that at least Alfisti could stay above the rucus that AMG crowd makes...even when MB themselves named a model AMG Sport lol....the snobbery I saw on MB forums in regard to C450 was beyond belief

Attachments

·
Registered
646 Posts
Thinking about putting these on my c-pillars
Please do so!!!

I have a spare set from my GTV, if I just shaved the pegs off the back and put 3M tape maybe I will do the same. But you first...

As for the Quadrifoglio on the fenders, I say no. Ibehardknocks fender badges look really great and do not misrepresent the car as something it is not.

If you want a Quadrifoglio badge on the car for good luck, but one on the tail near the license plate (I have an Alfa Corse badge there). Some of the GTAs had the Quadrifoglio there too, so you will still be in line with tradition!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thinking about putting these on my c-pillars
Please do so!!!

I have a spare set from my GTV, if I just shaved the pegs off the back and put 3M tape maybe I will do the same. But you first...

As for the Quadrifoglio on the fenders, I say no. Ibehardknocks fender badges look really great and do not misrepresent the car as something it is not.

If you want a Quadrifoglio badge on the car for good luck, but one on the tail near the license plate (I have an Alfa Corse badge there). Some of the GTAs had the Quadrifoglio there too, so you will still be in line with tradition!
I agree with putting the quadrfoglio on the rear. Not because it's not a Q.V. but because I believe it looks good there. Having said that, my 95 164 LS has quadrfoglio stickers on the front fender and my 87 Milano had alfa corse badges on the front fenders.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.