Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yup, don't be tempted to fake it. An aftermarket tuner and turbo company called Voodoo made stickers for Miatas. The logo was a rampant Chicken on a yellow shield with a triple stripe above it. Extremely close to the Scuderia Ferrari logo. It's an obvious cop, and to car fans, a cheap joke. Mazda won the 24 hours of Le Mans fair and square. Isn't the Mazda seagull M logo and makers mark enough for them? Same way with Alfa. You have and Alfa badge. Wear it proudly. Do not envy the Quadrifoglio it it isn't in your budget. This way you won't have to explain it to hot chicks out on the town either. I once saw a Toyota hooptie car with fake Lexus badges on it near the Prudential center and Sheraton here in Boston. What a crazy amount of work to lie on your car when they could have spent the labor working on the paint and trim. Or a descent set of wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Yes a joke, but why so precisely Ferrari-esque. It's this fact that is actually disloyal and cheapens the as yet unmatched achievement of Mazda in their victory at Le Mans. Rotary engines were promptly banned by the ACO ;)

·
Super Moderator
1,086 Posts
5.0 badge on a V6 Rustang? Hmmmm.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,473 Posts
I'm totally OK there's no "TURBO" badge. IMO, the only non-stealthy thing about my car is its wheels. Love the Alfa logo.

Reactions: Alfaholico

·
Registered
157 Posts
Alfisti have been putting the quadrifoglio stickers on their Alfas for decades. Absolutely OK in my book.

In fact I put one on my other Giulia (non turbo) probably 10-15 years ago.
This!

Although, replicating the exact QV look may be a bit tacky/overkill.

From Alfa Romeo's history: "During the 1923 race, Sivocci painted a four-leaf clover onto his Alfa Romeo RL. Not only did the green of the clover stand out beautifully against the ruby red of this RL, but Sivocci also won the race! For the next five years, drivers who painted the quadrifoglio verde, or four-leaf clover, on their Alfas unanimously won."

I don't recall anybody painting "AMG" or "M3" to the side of their car to win races.

·
Registered
526 Posts
If anyone caught Fox and Friends Wednesday morning they were showing 4 of the best cars for 2017. One of them was the Giulia Q! They tried to explain the quadrifoglio by saying "It's an Irish good luck charm that the Italians call a Quadrifoglio"

·
Registered
576 Posts
Never EVER add badges do not belong on a car model. It only makes the car driver look like a poseur.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Yup, don't be tempted to fake it. An aftermarket tuner and turbo company called Voodoo made stickers for Miatas. The logo was a rampant Chicken on a yellow shield with a triple stripe above it. Extremely close to the Scuderia Ferrari logo. It's an obvious cop, and to car fans, a cheap joke. Mazda won the 24 hours of Le Mans fair and square. Isn't the Mazda seagull M logo and makers mark enough for them? Same way with Alfa. You have and Alfa badge. Wear it proudly. Do not envy the Quadrifoglio it it isn't in your budget. This way you won't have to explain it to hot chicks out on the town either. I once saw a Toyota hooptie car with fake Lexus badges on it near the Prudential center and Sheraton here in Boston. What a crazy amount of work to lie on your car when they could have spent the labor working on the paint and trim. Or a descent set of wheels.
That's creative -- there is also Il Biscione Scuderia shields for sale, they are done nicely. I am against fake QV badges but don't see anything wrong with Il Biscione shields (although I don't think I'd ever apply them anyway) or Abarth scorpion shields, etc... Just humorous nods to Ferrari

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
No!!! its like putting a AMG or M badge on 4 cylinder cars! I always see these people and say, who are these people trying to fool?
Yes. People DO try and pull this off. It's wrong but I won't call anyone out or make a scene. Just walk away disappointed and frowning.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Yes. People DO try and pull this off. It's wrong but I won't call anyone out or make a scene. Just walk away disappointed and frowning.
It's ridiculous. Anybody who knows the significance of what AMG even means already knows that it's not a real AMG in the first place ... it's a flawed logic those people have

1 - 20 of 77 Posts