Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very close to placing an order for a MY18 Quadrifoglio and would welcome thoughts from the Alfa enthusiasts on this forum. I am a major car enthusiast, take very good care of them, and attend 3-4 track days per year. Having had several BMWs, including an E46 M3, I now have had a 2014 Audi S4 with GIAC S1 and TCU tunes for the last 4 years. Car has been absolutely great but time has come to consider other cars.

As probably several of you have done as well, I looked at the new M3 with Competition package (great but soulless), the MB C63S AMG (awesome V8 engine but can't see myself in it), the BMW M550I XDrive (great and fast but more luxury first vs driving feel) and of course the AR QV (simply amazing).

I am thinking of ordering:
- MY18 Quadrifoglio in Montecarlo Blue
- Bright 5 Hole Wheels
- Carbon Steering Wheel
- Green and White Contrast Stitching
- Yellow brake Calipers
- Carplay

Several questions I have:
- What should I expect to have to pay? From what I have seen on the forum anywhere from MSRP to -$2500 approx.?
- How long was the wait for those of you who order from placing the order to receiving the car?
- Is it worth getting a maintenance package?
- Expect to replace stock tires at <7500 miles? Any of you running other than OEM tires? Thoughts? I have Michelin PSS on S4 and they have been solid
- For those in the Midwest, any thoughts on Jim Butler Alfa Romeo in St Louis?
- Are the Carbon Ceramic brakes worth the $8K? I am on the fence.
- What do you like best about your QV?

Thanks and hope to join this special group soon!

Andreas

·
Registered
693 Posts
Andreas,
I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago. I was split between the MC Blue and the V. Grey. I ended up ordering the Grey. Also with the Bright 5-hole like you. Carplay is included for 2018- not an option. HK radio and Forward collision is also included.
I'm paying $3K off MSRP, but I have to have it shipped to me so it'll end up being about $2K off. All the local dealers were not willing to budge off of MSRP.
Like you, I have the question about maintenance package. I'd like to know the prices people have gotten. Also extended warranty.
I too like the Michelin PSS, but I don't think they have a size to fit the rear wheels yet. I might be getting A/S tires for the winter since the OEM ones apparently don't do well in the cold.
I did not get the CCB due to initial price and maintenance cost. I just hope that the squealing problems that some people have reported with the steel brakes have been solved for 2018. If you plan to do track days, it may be wise to get them.

Colin

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Go for it!

I would suggest Ice trim to go with your green and white stitching. It will be nice in a dark color car. Now you said you track your car a few times a year. I would say you might want to think more about the CCB and Sparcos. But weigh it carefully. I know I wouldn't get my monies worth so I passed. The drilled steel rotors are fine and I also wanted the heated seats. I also got the heated steering wheel so I hope that works with the carbon insert that I also ;) ordered.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Driving a lot of high performance cars in this segment, what initially surprised me was the refinement of engine and transmission in this car, it’s literally a Jekyll and Hyde car with two faces, super polished ride on long journeys and sharp as a knife on tight demanding roads, giving the feel to drive a much smaller car. It’s the first car after decades that is talking to me, at least in every tunnel it roars like it would ;) it has a soul and aura that catches you and doesn’t let you go, this is something I experienced the last time with the Lancia Delta HF integrale a quarter century ago and now finally found a replacement :)

Over here we get the maintenance package along with the car for 10 years or 100K km, personally I would go for It. As far the Corsa’s goes I’ve made about 9K miles with one set of tires and mixed driving, they lasted longer than expected.

The steel brakes are good, CCB to me aren't mandatory, even if used often on trackdays I would prefer to go with the steel ones, as it leaves for more options if the CCB’s won’t work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Colin,

Thanks for the feedback and congrats on your car on order! I am excited and love the enthusiasm of the people on this forum. This is a very special car and you have to be a true car aficionado to appreciate the heritage of this type of car. I am really excited to get my hands on one too.

The brakes on the S4 were always its achilles heel (heavy weight and limited cooling). However it seems the steel Brembos on the QV work quite well and with Brembo swapping pads is not too hard for track days.

Appreciate it.

Andreas

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
John,

Thanks for your thoughts. Same here, Sparcos are really nice but I do like the heated seats in Winter time! As for the brakes I am leaning towards the steel ones as swapping pads on the Brembos is fairly straight forward. And I can buy a lot of pads/rotors with $8K.

Now you got me thinking about the Ice trim...hmmm....first world problems!

Thanks,

Andreas

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Turbodelta,

Thanks and you made me think back when you mentioned the Lancia HF Integrale, that was an amazing car! Growing up in the Netherlands we had a Lancia Thema 8.32 that had the Ferrari engine. Somehow, the QV reminds me of that with its Ferrari derived engine. I test drove the QV last week and for the 10miles or so I drove it you could tell its a real driver's car that makes you feel and read the road. It has been a long time since I experienced that in a non race car. Simply amazing! Thanks for the feedback on the brakes, leaning toward the steel ones as well.

I can already tell tires will become a regular purchase with this car. I am glad to hear you get a maintenance plan for 100K km in CH. I doubt AR would offer such plans if they didn't stand behind their products. I still need to find out more information on the maintenance plans in the US.

Thanks and hope to join this group with my own car soon!

Andreas

·
Registered
576 Posts
I am very close to placing an order for a MY18 Quadrifoglio and would welcome thoughts from the Alfa enthusiasts on this forum. I am a major car enthusiast, take very good care of them, and attend 3-4 track days per year. Having had several BMWs, including an E46 M3, I now have had a 2014 Audi S4 with GIAC S1 and TCU tunes for the last 4 years. Car has been absolutely great but time has come to consider other cars.

As probably several of you have done as well, I looked at the new M3 with Competition package (great but soulless), the MB C63S AMG (awesome V8 engine but can't see myself in it), the BMW M550I XDrive (great and fast but more luxury first vs driving feel) and of course the AR QV (simply amazing).

I am thinking of ordering:
- MY18 Quadrifoglio in Montecarlo Blue
- Bright 5 Hole Wheels
- Carbon Steering Wheel
- Green and White Contrast Stitching
- Yellow brake Calipers
- Carplay

Several questions I have:
- What should I expect to have to pay? From what I have seen on the forum anywhere from MSRP to -$2500 approx.?
- How long was the wait for those of you who order from placing the order to receiving the car?
- Is it worth getting a maintenance package?
- Expect to replace stock tires at <7500 miles? Any of you running other than OEM tires? Thoughts? I have Michelin PSS on S4 and they have been solid
- For those in the Midwest, any thoughts on Jim Butler Alfa Romeo in St Louis?
- Are the Carbon Ceramic brakes worth the $8K? I am on the fence.
- What do you like best about your QV?

Thanks and hope to join this special group soon!

Andreas
Nice build. Anything more is overkill in my opinion. Stock seats are more comfortable and supportive, and steel brakes are more suitable for the road. $2,000 off is fair, but if you take a 2017 on the lot, could see $3,000+ somewhere less trafficked. Have 7,500 miles on my Corsas already and easily another 4,500 in them. To your point, the Quadrifoglio is much more exotic and soulful than the M3. Don’t waste your money on the maintenance package. Good luck!

Reactions: John_K_348

·
Registered
60 Posts
To answer your question about Jim Butler Alfa, they've been nothing but friendly to me. They let me come in and drive their Quadrifoglio without even asking. I ended up ordering through them. They haven't really done the greatest job keeping me updated, but then again, I'm not really sure anyone knows where anybody's car is at this point. I've sent them a couple emails and gotten responses, but they still haven't informed me that my car has a VIN even though I've already talked to Alfa chat and know that my car is built. Hopefully my car will be here in the next couple of weeks, and I can give you a bit more of an update.

I would also recommend the Ice interior with the green and white stitching. I thought it looked great in the white Quad I test drove.

Are you from STL? Ever make it to Cars 'n' Coffee there? I'm about an hour west and try to make it there when I can.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Welcome :)

We bought a Ti in Montecarlo blue that came with bright 10 spoke wheels. Later I put dark 5-hole wheels on her.

I'm not suggesting there's anything wrong with bright wheels on dark blue paint.
Note the chrome window trim. This has the Lusso cream interior. The sport package comes with dark window trim. The Quad might be different.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Andreas,

i know the 8.32 well, i did an apprenticeship in a Fiat, Lancia and Alfa dealership back then, it was some sort of holy grail when it came out in '86 there hasn’t been many german saloons running 240km/h top speed and looking sharp with the retractable rear spoiler back then.

You won’t regret buying this car, loved every single mile in it and couldn’t wait to get in again, even after a long trip, it simply amazes me.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Congratulations

Congratulations !!! You'll love the Quad....no matter what color or how you equip it....Different strokes for different folks....I put just about everything into mine except the Sparco seats....Want the seat heaters and it's my daily and the I found the standard seats to be more supportive, adjustable and comfortable...that being said I sprung for the Comp Rosso paint and the CCB although I don't track.....The rotors are massive as are the brake calipers so, I admit, it's not needed, but they look amazing....and I've found no "warm up" needed....also....NO BRAKE DUST.....even with the dark 5 hole wheels, the no brake dust is a great feature for us "detailer" guys.....But regardless of how you spec yours, it's yours and that's all that matters....You've entered a very special club....a grounded group of car guys (and girls) with no attitudes...just appreciation for something beautiful, unique, and dynamic....You won't see yourself coming and going and every Audi, Bimmer (hate saying that) and Merc will be wondering...."hhhmmmm, maybe....." but you DID IT !!!

CONGRATS and HAPPY MOTORING.....D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.