Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whenever I start my car, the climate control system seems to default to turning on the A/C regardless of how I had it set last time I drove it. I usually drive with it off or like to open windows when the weather is nice, so find myself shutting it off every time I start the car. It's a minor annoyance, but it is annoying nevertheless. Is there any way to change this default setting or have it revert to the last settings before I shut off the car the last time? Or, is this a malfunction in my car?

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Turn the Fan Speed knob to the left until it says off. The AC will not turn on, when you start it up again.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
I guess, I am not following. I thought you said you didn't want to AC on at start up because and I quote "I usually drive with it off or like to open windows when the weather is nice, so find myself shutting it off every time I start the car." My suggestion keeps the AC off when you start your car.

FYI -The climate control features does not work if the AC compressor is not engaged. Otherwise, its just blowing ambient air inside the cabin.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Whenever I start my car, the climate control system seems to default to turning on the A/C regardless of how I had it set last time I drove it. I usually drive with it off or like to open windows when the weather is nice, so find myself shutting it off every time I start the car. It's a minor annoyance, but it is annoying nevertheless. Is there any way to change this default setting or have it revert to the last settings before I shut off the car the last time? Or, is this a malfunction in my car?
I have noticed the same thing, which I find to be really annoying. For some reason, the car will immediately start blowing cold air at start up, and it takes a minute or two for it to figure out what the correct configuration should be. My climate control in my old Nissan Maxima never had this problem... it will immediately figure out what the correct configuration should be. With an automatic climate control system I shouldn't have turn it off at startup, and then turn it back on a minute or two later. This could be be fixed easily with a simple software update.

I also noticed last night that the automatic climate control system will send air to the windshield even though the defrost is set to off. And I also noticed that the graphic showing the human figure will not show where the air is being sent if it is in auto mode. It will only show where the air is going if it is in manual mode.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Does everyone’s AC stay on after the 3 minute shut off with the front defrost? My AC seems to be on by default more than off....???

·
Registered
81 Posts
It is typical for manufactures to run the AC more often than not now. I believe it is for two reasons. The AC will remove moisture from the air which helps reduce mildew from forming in the air vents and keeps fogging of the windows from becoming an issue. Another issue it helps correct is the failure of the AC compressor in the spring after 3-4 months of no use. By running the AC regularly the oil in the compressor can stay saturated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts