Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know why/how the wiper fluid that came with the Giulia is clear but all of the recommended wiper fluids online are either yellow, orange, green, or blue?

I need to refill mine with winter fluid but want something that is clear and that isn't a concentrate, because i don't want to mix it myself

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
How do you know the fluid which came with the Giulia is clear?

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I pull the stalk to spray the windshield, the liquid that comes out is clear

·
Registered
691 Posts
When I pull the stalk to spray the windshield, the liquid that comes out is clear
I doubt that's a good way to determine the color of your wiper fluid...pop the hood and look in the washer bottle. When the fluid is sprayed and atomized it'll always look clear. Mine in the QV is orange.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Yes, as noted, that won’t reveal color.

Factory fill is reportedly Petronas Durance sc35, (or Tutela Sc35) which is blue.

Reactions: kshitishsoman

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
For the most part, I don't think it really matters what windshield wiper fluid you use.

I know I read the Rain-X orange one might effect the sensor, but most of us don't even have a sensor.

I just buy the blue fluid at Target or Walmart.

They are all the same.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How do you refill the windshield wiper fluid? I thought I saw somewhere where it said to open the blue cap and remove the blue filter and then add fluid. But, I cannot find where I saw that. Is this correct?

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
How do you refill the windshield wiper fluid? I thought I saw somewhere where it said to open the blue cap and remove the blue filter and then add fluid. But, I cannot find where I saw that. Is this correct?
Probably saw it in the owners manual

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I find it's like a guessing game bc I never know when I'm getting close to the top, so I pour very slowly until I see liquid get close to the top

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
I have found that maintaining a sustainable slowest flow is best for refilling without splatter or overflow.
Did I even word this in a meaningful way?

Reactions: Avnyc11
1 - 12 of 12 Posts