Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys clean the black / glass panoramic roof for those that have it in their car?

Do you?

1. wax it?
2. use a detailing spray?

This is the first car that I have owned with this type of roof.

Thanks

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I just use a spray-n-dry type wax, like from Eagle One or Turtle wax, which really helps prevent spotting, but I always go over it with a clean, dry towel to buff and make sure it's clear.

From the inside, I use streak-free glass cleaner wipes.

Reactions: Alfa in Vegas

·
Registered
385 Posts
How do you guys clean the black / glass panoramic roof for those that have it in their car?

Do you?

1. wax it?
2. use a detailing spray?

This is the first car that I have owned with this type of roof.

Thanks

Ceramic coating like Gyeon Q2 Can Coat. Extreme hydrophobic properties. About to do the whole car next week. Needs something like Autoglym Glass polish or similar before applying ‘cause whatever’s there before the ceramic coat is staying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Ceramic coating like Gyeon Q2 Can Coat. Extreme hydrophobic properties. About to do the whole car next week. Needs something like Autoglym Glass polish or similar before applying ‘cause whatever’s there before the ceramic coat is staying!

That stuff looks awesome!

·
Registered
385 Posts
That stuff looks awesome!

I did quite a bit of research and ended up at a high end car care & detailing shop that’s just opened up the road from me. Their help and knowledge was great, we talked for ages and they guided me towards the Gyeon ceramic/quartz product for the quality yet DIY aspect. Seen a couple of cars with it on, and looks amazing. The hydrophobic properties are amazing, and the depth of shine and reflectivity is really noticeable. Goes on paint, plastics glass, chrome. Can’t wait to do it, though a bit nervous.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
I did quite a bit of research and ended up at a high end car care & detailing shop that’s just opened up the road from me. Their help and knowledge was great, we talked for ages and they guided me towards the Gyeon ceramic/quartz product for the quality yet DIY aspect. Seen a couple of cars with it on, and looks amazing. The hydrophobic properties are amazing, and the depth of shine and reflectivity is really noticeable. Goes on paint, plastics glass, chrome. Can’t wait to do it, though a bit nervous.

Have you decided which products/process your doing? I looked at the site, and it was kind of hard to parse which stuff goes together, what's in a kit and so on, so I bailed out. If you have any insight, I'd appreciate it.

Would the shop not do it, or do you just prefer to do it yourself?

·
Registered
2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia TI Sport Q2
498 Posts
Mother's spray wax, just as what I use on the entire car.....

Reactions: Encswsm

·
Registered
385 Posts
Have you decided which products/process your doing? I looked at the site, and it was kind of hard to parse which stuff goes together, what's in a kit and so on, so I bailed out. If you have any insight, I'd appreciate it.

Would the shop not do it, or do you just prefer to do it yourself?

Chadster. I know what you mean. When I get a chance I’ll post the product sequence used, and corresponding videos. It’s fairly straightforward.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
Chadster. I know what you mean. When I get a chance I’ll post the product sequence used, and corresponding videos. It’s fairly straightforward.

Thanks for the reply! I actually found some videos on a couple of sites and took a stab it, ordering the following Gyeon stuff:

1. bathe wash
2. light polish
3. prep
4. q2 can coat spray
5. cure
6. wet coat

I'm not sure when I'll be able to put the car through this whole process, but I'll try!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I actually found some videos on a couple of sites and took a stab it, ordering the following Gyeon stuff:

1. bathe wash

2. light polish

3. prep

4. q2 can coat spray

5. cure

6. wet coat

I'm not sure when I'll be able to put the car through this whole process, but I'll try!

That’s what I got. Looks great on. One of the guys showed me a black Merc he’d done, and it was like a deep mirror shine. I’m waiting to actually get my car back, and for a stretch of dry weather.

·
Registered
385 Posts
That’s what I got. Looks great on. One of the guys showed me a black Merc he’d done, and it was like a deep mirror shine. I’m waiting to actually get my car back, and for a stretch of dry weather.

They strongly recommended the Iron treatment too. Pre the Prep I think- it shows up any loose metal particle/ contaminants before the coating via purple colouration. V important to get rid of any of those bad boys before coating apparently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
385 Posts
They strongly recommended the Iron treatment too. Pre the Prep I think- it shows up any loose metal particle/ contaminants before the coating via purple colouration. V important to get rid of any of those bad boys before coating apparently.

P.S. Mate, I think you can drop the wet coat- the Cure seems to do the same afaik. Enhances the ceramic coat after drying. Apply small areas at a time then buff away immediately with a microfibre.

·
Registered
‘19 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
3,887 Posts
P.S. Mate, I think you can drop the wet coat- the Cure seems to do the same afaik. Enhances the ceramic coat after drying. Apply small areas at a time then buff away immediately with a microfibre.

Ah. Yeah, I was certainly confused about the difference between Wet Coat and Cure. Hearing you and taking a look at a couple of sites again, it does seem unnecessary. It's already ordered, though, so I'll find another use for it, like on my Ford Edge which I probably won't put the time into for the Can Coat treatment. Thanks for the clarification.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Ah. Yeah, I was certainly confused about the difference between Wet Coat and Cure. Hearing you and taking a look at a couple of sites again, it does seem unnecessary. It's already ordered, though, so I'll find another use for it, like on my Ford Edge which I probably won't put the time into for the Can Coat treatment. Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah I know what you mean, I started reading so much and got so confused then I visited the guys at the Car Care Product workshop who set me straight (I’m not a paid endorsement - they’re just good guys.) It seems like the best system for amateur application in many ways and can't wait to put it on the car. Ive now got a bunch of polishes etc that I won’t need now hopefully. I think I’ve uncovered a latent desire to become a car detailer!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Update- The Car Care Products guy told me the very first prep step is to wash the car with plain dishwashing liquid “whatever you have under your sink” we’re his exact words as a measure to remove any waxes, oils etc. THEN do your normal wash/ prep steps etc. straight after.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts