Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Vendor
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all-

Friendly neighborhood Alfa dealer here in Strongsville. Joe (new GM) asked if I thought there was a market for classic Alfas, frankly I don't know. With that I come to the experts: Would you buy a classic Alfa?

If yes, which one?

We were thinking about bringing over some GTVs, veloce spiders, etc. from Europe (25 year rule). We'd also like to get into the high end stuff: TZ3, 8C, Tipo 33, pre-war cars, etc. Just trying to gauge interest...thanks for the help!

-JT

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,996 Posts
Personally for me, price would be the determining factor. If reasonable, I would love a classic Alfa.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I would do some pretty shady stuff to get my hands on a Giulia Sprint GT, or even a GTV6. Unfortunately, with two racecars that I keep tossing parts at and another two more planned, a classic Alfa just doesn't fit into the budget. But if there was one without a powertrain or something to lower the cost, as long as it isn't rusted out, I'd be interested.

But if your question is desire, then yes. I desire very very much.

·
Vendor
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Personally for me, price would be the determining factor. If reasonable, I would love a classic Alfa.
What would you consider a reasonable price? I'm seeing graduates in the 10-20K range based on mileage/ condition? What classics would you be into? Race cars? 70s? 90s?

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,757 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes, I'll take a Alfa Romeo 155 V6 Ti DTM please. Better yet if it's Larini's '93 winner. But I think I'll need to win the lottery first though....

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hi all-

Friendly neighborhood Alfa dealer here in Strongsville. Joe (new GM) asked if I thought there was a market for classic Alfas, frankly I don't know. With that I come to the experts: Would you buy a classic Alfa?

If yes, which one?
Not sure for a general market question but classic alfas are what makes the current brand. Niche but excellent and different than the norm--

·
Registered
2020 Giulia Quattroformaggio, 2020 Stelvio TI Sport
1,144 Posts
What would you consider a reasonable price? I'm seeing graduates in the 10-20K range based on mileage/ condition? What classics would you be into? Race cars? 70s? 90s?
Take a look at bringatrailer.com, not a definitive source of current prices but a definite a good thumb in the breeze.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd love to get a late 70s early 80s spider. Prices seem decent now but also considering a Fiat Spider around the same years. Currently am leaning towards the Fiat just because of the ridiculous bumpers on the series 2 and especially series 3. Fiat seems to be slightly more affordable as well.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Current owners of Alfa Romeo, 2017 + have no interest in the classic Alfa's for the most part.

Only people who currently own one do.

That is the opinion that I have seen and witnessed.

I have a 1992 Alfa Romeo Spider.

While it is not a classic Alfa, it is still more classic than modern.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Love it.

I drive it as much as I can, whenever the weather is nice.

Only 30K original miles.

AC works great on it also!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Beautiful! I actually think i prefer the series 4 over the 3. The body bumpers make the difference
Thanks.

All of the series' are beautiful, but I agree with you that the series 3 because of the bumpers and the duck tail spoiler are not as nice, but that is just a personal preference.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have had many early Gulias before they got really valuable. The early 4 cyl is a great motor and no roof is where it's at. We just got home tonight from watching 3&2 out at the park under lights while we drove her Solstice (Pontiac).
I love cars but to have an older car (Ford T or Marmon, or even a 250 Ferrari) They can be a real headache because anything new is just so much easier to get around. A good comparison is the music on the wind-up Victrola vs. the Boom Bluetooth that I listen to everything day with my phone.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,617 Posts
I think the fundamental issue with a 33 Stradale is the as stunning as it looks good price of such a car. I suspect that if you can afford the car you can afford the mechanic.

I find that as I age I have less time and less patience or use for a classic car.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.