Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought it might be OK and good timing to post one's favorite Christmas or Holiday songs.

Our new Italian car was manufactured this year, 2/17, in Cassino. Just down the road in Naples,
on February 25, 1873, was born one of the greatest operatic tenors in history, Enrico Caruso.
O Holy Night (Cantique de Noel), is the only Christmas song ever recorded by Caruso.
Recorded in Camden, New Jersey. February 23, 1916. Amazing quality for 101 years ago.

Please click on link below. Sorry don't know how to post directly a YouTube window here.

www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=4&v=KHOy8bC8-_4

Merry Christmas! ..... Dio benedica l'Italia

Reactions: QuadNW and ChiGuy

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,437 Posts
Vince Guaraldi.

·
Registered
460 Posts
O Holy Night and Silent Night would be my very favorites. As well, Vince Guaraldi is on much of the time, A Charlie Brown Christmas of course.

·
Registered
2019 Rosso Competizione Stelvio Ti Sport Nero Edizione
651 Posts
I prefer the classics for my Christmas music - Bing Crosby and Johnny Mathis. I'll have to download a few onto my phone so I can listen to them in my Giulia.
On a side note, I was critical of the sound system early on when I got my car. I have the upgraded Harmon Kardon system. But I must say it has definitely improved over time. Maybe I'm just used to it, but I've finally reached the point where I am not constantly fussing with the audio settings. I believe I have optimized it for my tastes.
When turned up to 25+ , Andrea Bocelli's Turandot sounds as good as the master himself - Enrico Caruso.

·
Registered
55 Posts
When I was building my I-tunes library, I ended up with seven, count 'em 7, examples of "Jingle Bells". It is best not to drink and download songs at Christmas.
A fun one is by Glenn Miller from an old radio show. Including some words by Miller on the intro.

:)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Here in New England we believe in self-reliance which means we don't just listen to Christmas music, we prefer to sing out. We even have an Official Alfista Songbook! Here's an example or two excerpted from the songbook (there are many more verses):

Frosty the Spider (to the tune of Frosty the Snowman)

Frosty the Spider
Was an Alfa with great flair
But its heater just would not put out
Any semblance of warm air

God Bless Ye, Patient Alfisti (to the tune of Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen)

God bless ye, patient Alfisti
Our wait is finally o'er
It's been so many empty years
Indeed, almost a score
But now it's actually possible
To own what we adore
O let's all go buy an Alfa toy
An Alfa toy
O let us all go buy an Alfa toy

Other favorites are 'We Wish You a Silky Shifter' and 'Marchionne's Goin' To Town'.

Thanks to our tongue-in-cheek AONE Choral Director, Dave Pratt, for the Alfacentric lyrics. We also have great Alfa Club calendars for sale at www.velocissima.com

·
Registered
573 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
If you like New Orleans second line drumming have a listen to Harry Connick’s Little Drummer Boy. I really like this. I can remember watching the first time Bowie and Crosby performed Little Drummer Boy. I was watching with whole family, and it blew me away. Bridged a generation gap for sure. The Drifters version of White Christmas is a family favorite, and The Boss and E Street Band singing Santa Claus is Coming to Town is on the short list of favorites too.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I grew up in Italy on "Tu scendi dalle Stelle", probably the most famous Italian Christmas song......

Reactions: ferraripete
1 - 10 of 10 Posts