Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Giulia TI Sport Rosso/Black
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for my car. I'm looking for TROFEO White or Competitizione Red with red or black/ice interior. I found two in my price range. One is a 17 TI RWD with the Ti Pacagae and Dynamic Assist and 41K miles, the other is an 18 with 12000 miles, TI pack and Ti performance pack with 12K miles...is the Dynamic assist worth dropping a year to have? My gut tell me to pull the trigger on options two. Any input from actual owners will be appreciated!

·
Registered
878 Posts
Is it the 2018 a Q4?. Even if both are RWD, I think that the Ti Performance Package is a must and the Dynamic Assist is a nice to have. I also believe that 12,000 miles is a clear winner over 41,000 miles. What about the wheels, colors and interiors of each one?. With the limited information you are presenting, assuming that both cars have a clean record in Carfax, I vote for the 2018 one.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
271 Posts
Only you can answer that question. I love adaptive cruise control (part of the Driver Assist Dynamic Plus Package) and would not have purchased a Giulia without it. With that said, you can have your cake and eat it to...simply expand your search and/or wait for the right car.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Both cars are Trofeo/Red and have the black 5 hole 19's. Both have the pano roof, neither have the HK or performance xenons. I'm leaning g towards the 18 for the obvious milage reasons, the main reason I'm considering the 17 is its only 90 miles away and the other is 700.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
271 Posts
Both cars are Trofeo/Red and have the black 5 hole 19's. Both have the pano roof, neither have the HK or performance xenons. I'm leaning g towards the 18 for the obvious milage reasons, the main reason I'm considering the 17 is its only 90 miles away and the other is 700.

Thanks!
A lot of 2018 leases will be coming up soon. I know you are ready to jump and buy now but it might make sense to hold out for "the one". Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A lot of 2018 leases will be coming up soon. I know you are ready to jump and buy now but it might make sense to hold out for "the one". Good luck!
Good point, I would actually like a few more goodies, and I dont NEED the car right now. I actually found a perfect car but its Alfa White...

·
Registered
878 Posts
Good point, I would actually like a few more goodies, and I dont NEED the car right now. I actually found a perfect car but its Alfa White...
There is no problem with Alfa White, in my opinion. This was my 2018 Ti Q4 and it got a lot of compliments (let alone it was a perfect-zero-issues car). If you are looking as far as 700 miles around, there will be dozens of options on-line.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beautiful ride man! I'm looking nation wide, that red interior is hard to find with all the bits. I did just find one with black/ice in Texas that I'd be happy with too! Thanks for the replies! BTW, I agree I love white cars, I just wanted the Trofeo to be a bit different, I've found several Alfa White models that fill my bill!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
When you see Trofeo white, you see where the money goes. It is a cut above ... otherwise go for red. Either way, you chose the two best colors, good taste nonetheless

EDIT: If you choose Alfa White that is OK too lol -- did not read that part. They all drive well of course, choosing used cars color is less of a priority to me. Service history, prior ownership, maintenance records, mileage etc at the top of the list

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
When you see Trofeo white, you see where the money goes. It is a cut above ... otherwise go for red. Either way, you chose the two best colors, good taste nonetheless

EDIT: If you choose Alfa White that is OK too lol -- did not read that part. They all drive well of course, choosing used cars color is less of a priority to me. Service history, prior ownership, maintenance records, mileage etc at the top of the list
I hear ya. There is an Alfa White with red one in my price range with everything except the hi performance xenons and only 7400 miles...my wallet is getting itchy....:cool:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Between those two cars, for me there's no contest -- the '18. To each his own, of course, but I specifically do not want the Dynamic package -- I seriously dislike those additional "driver-assist" things (my car has the Static package). I almost never use cruise control, so the adaptive feature doesn't matter to me, and I truly hate lane-keeping "features" that beep at you (or worse, make the steering wheel vibrate or, still worse, actually take over steering the car) if you get near or touch a line. I'm often near a line because I want to see ahead -- beyond the SUV in front of me rather than just the back of it. My '18 Ti Sport has the Performance Package and, while I don't think it's necessarily a must-have (the car is still great without it), I think it's superb and well worth the money. Also, especially given the huge mileage difference between those two cars, you could look at the 700 miles distance as a wonderful excuse for a road trip...

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Q2 Ti Sport (sunroof delete)
36 Posts
Turned in (to Alfa/Maserati of Ontario CA) my Ally leased 2018 Q4 Ti Sport fully loaded except no leather dash. It was base white with red interior & bright 5 hole. Only had 13k trouble free miles. You should look for it I would have bought it but Ally would not budge on residual of $32k.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
271 Posts
Turned in (to Alfa/Maserati of Ontario CA) my Ally leased 2018 Q4 Ti Sport fully loaded except no leather dash. It was base white with red interior & bright 5 hole. Only had 13k trouble free miles. You should look for it I would have bought it but Ally would not budge on residual of $32k.
If you post your VIN, it will be easier to search.

For example, when the two year lease was up on our 2014 Chrysler 300S Hemi/AWD, the residual was $34,440 (it had all the options). About a month after turning it in, I googled the VIN and found the car offered about 500 miles away at a dealership for $24,500. If they would have sold it to us for anything close to that price, we would have bought it. To make money at that car, I wonder how low the selling dealership got it for?

·
Registered
2019 Giulia Q2 Ti Sport (sunroof delete)
36 Posts
Here’s the info on it ...
9AB266A9-D670-4DC2-95EB-FC8AE4943CD0.jpeg

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Alright guys, took a wild turn and swapped to red, and a lease. Nareowednit down to these three VINs:
2019 MBN8K7615015 - 1K down, 36/12k $507/mo
2018 ECN8J7567938 - 1K down, 3612k 507/mo
2019 MBN4K7602343 - 0 down, 36/12k, 458/mo
It comes down to how bad to I want/need certain equip as 50 bucks a months is really no biggie, the 18 is on a walk away payment saver through my credit union, it has 10K miles on it.

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 26 Posts