Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New member here... just took delivery of my 2018 Giulia ti sport RWD. Pretty pumped after waiting nearly five months for my custom order to come in.

I have two sons, 7 and 4, who are both in booster seats. I have the basic boosters from Graco, which are too wide to fit properly in the back seat of the Giulia without blocking the seatbelt buckle.

Anyone know do any slimmer profile booster seats that fit well in the Giulia? It also would be great to find one that looks good with the tan leather.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
New member here... just took delivery of my 2018 Giulia ti sport RWD. Pretty pumped after waiting nearly five months for my custom order to come in.

I have two sons, 7 and 4, who are both in booster seats. I have the basic boosters from Graco, which are too wide to fit properly in the back seat of the Giulia without blocking the seatbelt buckle.

Anyone know do any slimmer profile booster seats that fit well in the Giulia? It also would be great to find one that looks good with the tan leather.

Thanks!
I see this is your first post...

Welcome to the forum :smile2:
Congrats on the new Ti :grin2:

Sorry, my only child is adult now living out-of-state. Plenty of family orientated Giulia owners here.

·
Registered
4,658 Posts

Thanks!
There are a couple of threads on this already with some suggestions. Search “child seats” and “baby seats”. I think most owners just put their kids up for adoption (jk!).

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
8,062 Posts
Our Recaro Start booster had a narrow base that fit every car we put it in well.
There are probably new models since then, but perhaps the tradition continues.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, all. I did a bunch of research and found that the Chicco booster seats taper down in the back and leave plenty of clearance for seatbelts. I bought a pair and my kids tested them - perfect fit with no issues!

They are higher quality than the Graco ones we had and are more comfortable, too (according to a 7 and 4 year old).

·
Registered
9 Posts
My kids are also 7 and 4 and have booster seats in the back of my Giulia Ti Sport, and they cannot buckle themselves in because the seats cover the latch. I can buckle them in but it takes some effort. I have found a car seat extender online that says it will fit. Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with these for boosters?

·
Vendor
1,220 Posts
Holly cow, I want to be a kid again! With a twin so we can race back there ?
/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
LOL, we do sell those seats. If anyone is interested in them shoot us a PM and we'll get you sorted.

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
Those looks great (saw the images last night; they're gone this morning). Any kid comfort comments?

·
Vendor
1,220 Posts
Those looks great (saw the images last night; they're gone this morning). Any kid comfort comments?
Are you referring to the Sparcos we posted? The photos are still there.

We can certainly get a testimonial from the kids later today!

·
Registered
8,062 Posts
Are you referring to the Sparcos we posted? The photos are still there.
Not displaying for me. Maybe just this computer?

We can certainly get a testimonial from the kids later today!
Looking forward to it. The kids could have some fun. Ours were so proud when they graduated from their boosters but then later commented that they missed them. Both now drive. Time flies.

Reactions: Bender

·
Registered
8,062 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK - after some research, I tried out the boosters from Chicco (both the backless and the one with the full back). They taper towards the back and become narrow near the buckle, which allows for the kids to buckle themselves easily with no trouble.

These can be found on Amazon and at Target (limited color). The backless is about $40 and the full back is about $90. The quality, comfort, and look to these boosters is very nice. Kids approve.

Thanks for the forum's input on this.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Seat belt extenders solved this problem for me. I found them online when searching for seatbelt extenders for 2018 Giulia. They are flexible and the fit of the seat belt is still across the waist and shoulder perfectly so they seem safe. I think ensuring a proper seat belt fit is the most important thing so if it looked like safety would be compromised I would not use them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts