Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been discussing ordering a QV with Naperville Italian Autos, and then found out that the dealership had been sold to Jidd Group a few weeks ago and the sales staff let go. I had been happy with the service staff at Naperville with my current Ti, but the change has me thinking about ordering from a different dealership, particularly Ziegler in Schaumburg, Rizzo in Orland Park, or the Glenview dealership. They are all equally convenient for me.

Can anyone provide feedback on how good the service departments are for the Chicago area dealerships?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I can't speak for the Alfa service at Zeigler Schaumburg (assuming it's separate), but the CJDR service was really underwhelming when I used them a few years ago.
I had my Chrysler 200 in for an oil change. Within 10 minutes of picking it up I was on the side of the road with smoke coming out from under the hood and oil dripping under the motor. They claimed a faulty filter oring. I assumed they just forgot to put it on, given how much oil got out. I then had to send the car back to them 3 times to get the engine bay properly cleaned of the oil that had got around.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I do major work at Naperville and easy stuff at Glenview. Glenview has a higher hourly rate and one of their techs is a novice. Avoid wheel repair at Glenview, their 3rd party wheel repair is shit.

I don't expect Glenview to get you a good deal, their sales is limited and their management can care less if they sell you anything. I could see Naperville and Ziegler getting you a better deal than Glenview.

Reactions: Chicago

·
Registered
2021 Ti Sport AWD Verde Visconti
101 Posts
I purchased my car from Rizza in Orland Park. They have been great from the time of purchase and my service went great. Josh is the general manager and he is great to deal with. Bill and Jim, salesman, are equally great to work with. I am 100% confident in both their sales and service.

Reactions: ttaidapos

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I purchased my car from Rizza in Orland Park. They have been great from the time of purchase and my service went great. Josh is the general manager and he is great to deal with. Bill and Jim, salesman, are equally great to work with. I am 100% confident in both their sales and service.
I've had repairs at Rizza in Orland Park and they haven't been great. Rizza is the the old Bettenhousen dealership. Haven't used the other dealers yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do major work at Naperville and easy stuff at Glenview. Glenview has a higher hourly rate and one of their techs is a novice. Avoid wheel repair at Glenview, their 3rd party wheel repair is shit.

I don't expect Glenview to get you a good deal, their sales is limited and their management can care less if they sell you anything. I could see Naperville and Ziegler getting you a better deal than Glenview.
I bought the car in Glenview right after they took over from the Evanston and Northfield dealerships. Their service department was full of Astons, Lotus, and other exotics, and it looked like they didn't pay any attention to Maserati or Alfa, so I have taken my car to Naperville for service so far.

·
Registered
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q2
166 Posts
I use Perillo downtown, but I also live within a mile of their service center. It’s an amazing service center, but it would be a bit too inconvenient for you.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
I had a rear pad replacement on my SQV. God knows what torque they used beyond 89lbs for those lug nuts. I had to bounce with my full weight 185lbs on my breaker bar to get them loose.

I know exactly who did it as well. He was a porter/trainee at Evanston, he was in charge of dismounting/mounting wheels and tire pressure which he never checked. I guess he's certified now and still crappy. He once etched on the inside of my rims a 8" tall R and L so he knew which side the wheel went on. I got them repaired for free but such a hassle.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have been discussing ordering a QV with Naperville Italian Autos, and then found out that the dealership had been sold to Jidd Group a few weeks ago and the sales staff let go. I had been happy with the service staff at Naperville with my current Ti, but the change has me thinking about ordering from a different dealership, particularly Ziegler in Schaumburg, Rizzo in Orland Park, or the Glenview dealership. They are all equally convenient for me.

Can anyone provide feedback on how good the service departments are for the Chicago area dealerships?
That's a bummer about the Naperville dealership. That is where I purchased and service my car and it has always been good. Fingers crossed they maintain that standard. Would like to hear about experiences post-sales and reconfiguration.

·
Registered
2017 Giulia TI
37 Posts
That's a bummer about the Naperville dealership. That is where I purchased and service my car and it has always been good. Fingers crossed they maintain that standard. Would like to hear about experiences post-sales and reconfiguration.
I don't know about their sales staff under new leadership, but I can speak about their service staff. Absolutely horrendous. Actually mind numbingly bad service, makes me never want to get an Alfa again do to the terrible experience at dealers. I I dropped my car off for a check engine light on May 25, long story short, needs a new oil pump, they said they had one in stock and would begin work the next day.

Meanwhile, i go on vacation and call back 2 weeks later to get my car back so I can go to work. Oh turns out, the part isn't in and is back ordered even thought they told me it was. Okay let me wait a bit longer and car pool with a coworker for a week to not have to get the hastle of finding a car or loaner when it should be almost done.

June 18, I call up. Service has literally zero Idea what is going on with my car. My tech is not there and their service manager is on vacation until today but assured he will call me today. Service hours go by, and I receive no call from the manager. End up the location for the service manager to tell me himself he will call me back.

Hear absolutely nothing for another hour post close, and have to call back again. Then get a sob story on how alfa wont give them any parts and they have such a hard time getting staff and can't maintain their facility at full efficiency. I understand supply chain and worker shortages but that is no excuse for them telling me it will be done quickly to approve the service then never calling me and ghosting me for weeks on end. I have no car for nearly a month now and the service manager still doesn't even have a tine frame on when the part is coming in.

Apparantly he is talking to the parts manager tomorrow and will ATTEMPT to get me a loaner. I will give him that when I finally did manage to get a hold of him, he was apologetic and nice but apologies don't make up for them charging me $4,000 for a repair they have no idea when will be completed.

So if you have a service or even maintenance, don't take your car here. Service manager told me himself they have zero fuel pumps, vapor canisters, brake pads, brake rotors, filters, anything. Unless you want to wait forever and be ghosted by staff giving you mere apologies for stealing your car for well over a month.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ah, well that really sucks. I may have to try the Schaumburg Alfa location for my next service. Thanks for sharing even though it is a horror story...

·
Registered
2019 Giulia QV
52 Posts
I go to the Zeigler Alfa Romeo in Schaumburg. They have been great - no issues with routine maintenance. The team there is easy to deal with and they communicate issues/delays well. Has been the same service advisor team since I started going in 2020 - Raul is the man.

If you need a loaner - I would schedule your visit with a good amount of lead time (3-4 weeks?) Needing a loaner and the type of work you need done will ultimately dictate the lead time. At the end of the day good communication (two-way street) is key.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had a great purchase experience at Zeigler Alfa Romeo in Schaumburg. Ask for Abraar or Tony. Tony got me a great price and Abraar had to fill in for Tony when I picked the car up. They were top notch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts