Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is 10 days old and had a 2nd trip to dealership with "Check Engine" and smurfed Dynamic mode (disabled). 1st visit, did a code reset, 2nd visit is getting "uber attention" with an Alfa engineer coming to the dealership... stay tuned.

Both times, car was very drivable in Normal mode afterwards. Happened about 30 - 60 seconds after normal start. Prior symptom was only a reluctance to remote start (starts then stopped after 15 seconds), or the reluctance for a full-stop vehicle to auto-stop the engine (like having the auto-stop defeated by switch).

Other than that, car was as expected. < 400 miles driven. Performance excellent when no "check engine". 1st tank of Petrol got 26.6mpg for mixed city/mountain driving.

curious if any others have see similar.

Want to BEGIN MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH MY G Q TI. C'mon Alfa Romeo USA show me da' love!

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
^^^^Search button is your friend....
many of these early symptoms have been fixed with software flash updates...you can find the actual service memos with the update codes...

·
Registered
'17 Ti Sport Q4 w/ Active Shocks & LSD
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Evidently my local dealership is still coming up to speed on the process of updating the flash for the various subsystems. After a visit from the Alpha Romeo engineer, the service team was able to successfully flash and repair the majority of the pesky code causes. The dealership put 60, and I've put about 120 miles on the car after service, and it appears to be perfect.

most US cars got out of the factory with a relatively new set of North American firmware. Every single one of those cars can benefit from the updates and new owners should ask their dealers to perform them before they take receipt.

I am watching for any return of evil codes and will keep you posted.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Evidently my local dealership is still coming up to speed on the process of updating the flash for the various subsystems. After a visit from the Alpha Romeo engineer, the service team was able to successfully flash and repair the majority of the pesky code causes. The dealership put 60, and I've put about 120 miles on the car after service, and it appears to be perfect.

most US cars got out of the factory with a relatively new set of North American firmware. Every single one of those cars can benefit from the updates and new owners should ask their dealers to perform them before they take receipt.

I am watching for any return of evil codes and will keep you posted.
what Mdriver was saying, this issue has been posted at least 25 times, do a quick search before you start yet another thread.............

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sending folks to the search function isn't being very helpful to fellow owners. Answering the question would be of more valuable. Not everyone has the time to spend hours riding the keyboard.
Just say'n.....

Paul

·
Registered
5,219 Posts
Sending folks to the search function isn't being very helpful to fellow owners. Answering the question would be of more valuable. Not everyone has the time to spend hours riding the keyboard.
Just say'n.....

Paul
thats why a "stickey" was suggested....it lists the threads such as the little gremlins & fixes and catalogs them to save time:grin2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Car is 10 days old and had a 2nd trip to dealership with "Check Engine" and smurfed Dynamic mode (disabled). 1st visit, did a code reset, 2nd visit is getting "uber attention" with an Alfa engineer coming to the dealership... stay tuned.

Both times, car was very drivable in Normal mode afterwards. Happened about 30 - 60 seconds after normal start. Prior symptom was only a reluctance to remote start (starts then stopped after 15 seconds), or the reluctance for a full-stop vehicle to auto-stop the engine (like having the auto-stop defeated by switch).

Other than that, car was as expected. < 400 miles driven. Performance excellent when no "check engine". 1st tank of Petrol got 26.6mpg for mixed city/mountain driving.

curious if any others have see similar.

Want to BEGIN MY LOVE AFFAIR WITH MY G Q TI. C'mon Alfa Romeo USA show me da' love!
Deja vu!! The dealer says it’s a defective air intake. 3 weeks waiting for the part. Sux.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts