Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had some weird behavior today, and actually last year in similar weather. My car was parked outside for 3 day without driving and the temp yesterday went down to minus 22 celcius and when I started the car I got a oil temp light, electronic throttle and start stop disabled...followed by a check engine light. I didnt worry too much since it happened last year as well. I then parked indoors for the day , started the car up after work...same check engine light minus the etc and oil temp light . I then drove back home. Stopped the car , restarted ..same check engine. But then I remote started the car...lights came on but car didnt start. The error on the dash was something along the lines of " remote start disabled , start engine to reset...?'...I started using the push button and it got rid of the check engine light.
Had this happened to anyone?

·
Vendor
967 Posts
Hello Giulia17,
We are certainly sorry to hear about your most recent concerns. Unfortunately due to the nature of our team we are unable to assist customers outside of the US. However, you can reach out to Canadian customer care as they can potentially assist you further with your situation:
1800 870 713 .
Laura
AlfaRomeoCares

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
Assuming from your handle the car is a MY17, combined with the cold weather, I'd wager a weak battery is culprit.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
There’s also the usual requirement for a few start/stop cycles to drop a set CEL sometimes.

·
Registered
5,371 Posts
Does your car have an engine block heater (mine does), and were you within the owner's manual's parameters for its use?

·
Registered
247 Posts
There's a lot of cars that seek to be experiencing cold start misfire issues that will throw all those faults. There's a service bulletin out from Alfa with a software flash to address it. Maybe swing by the dealership to see if it applies to your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts