Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With it being the weekend, I don't have a lot of particulars yet, but I had a check engine light come on yesterday night at 12,000 on my Giulia base Q4. Was idling when the issue started. Have driven it about 60 miles since the light came on and the vehicle is driving OK but is understandably 'de-tuned' because of the check engine light.

My vehicle was produced in March and had the software update for remote start issues when it was prepped at the dealership. So at this time there are no additional software flashes (unless there is something in the last 2 weeks when my vehicle was last in for service.

Anyone else experiencing random check engine lights at 1,000 mile-ish mark? I'm not much of a worry wart and have continued driving it, but I'm a little bit worried about the Giulia having some reliability issues. Kind of torn on my choice of vehicle, but it seemed a pretty natural choice based on my long history of Saab ownership (although I had Grand Cherokees in the intervening years since the demise of Saab).

I'm not having any electronic throttle sensor errors or anything like that, so I'm thinking whatever has caused my check engine light isn't voltage related but who knows.

I am going to reach out to the dealership in the morning and see how soon they can get me in... we shall see, and I'll update everyone at that time.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
With it being the weekend, I don't have a lot of particulars yet, but I had a check engine light come on yesterday night at 12,000 on my Giulia base Q4. Was idling when the issue started. Have driven it about 60 miles since the light came on and the vehicle is driving OK but is understandably 'de-tuned' because of the check engine light.

My vehicle was produced in March and had the software update for remote start issues when it was prepped at the dealership. So at this time there are no additional software flashes (unless there is something in the last 2 weeks when my vehicle was last in for service.

Anyone else experiencing random check engine lights at 1,000 mile-ish mark? I'm not much of a worry wart and have continued driving it, but I'm a little bit worried about the Giulia having some reliability issues. Kind of torn on my choice of vehicle, but it seemed a pretty natural choice based on my long history of Saab ownership (although I had Grand Cherokees in the intervening years since the demise of Saab).

I'm not having any electronic throttle sensor errors or anything like that, so I'm thinking whatever has caused my check engine light isn't voltage related but who knows.

I am going to reach out to the dealership in the morning and see how soon they can get me in... we shall see, and I'll update everyone at that time.
Welcome to the forum :)
Congrats on the new Giulia :grin2:

You're not the first. There's a few threads running with similar issues. My phone doesn't do links well.

You really need to take your car into the dealer and have them look into it.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
electronic throttle sensor

Started the car to pull it out in the driveway and finish my detail from yesterday's wash.....Started fine but the "Electronic Throttle Sensor" Lightning bolt came on with a steady "Service Engine" light.....Spoke to my service manager via text...he said as long as the engine light is steady, no worries about driving....I have a March 2017 build....Feedback ?

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
No DNA

So...drives without hesitation or stalling but will not change driving modes....DNA selector is inactive....Scheduled for service on Friday....the Service Engine icon is steady....

·
Registered
271 Posts
I think there is an underlying issue with the air/fuel mixture. I think there will be a fix for this via a software update. But keep us posted. I know I have one in which I'll have to wait for four weeks with No CEL.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
As quickly as it came.....it went

So took the Giulia out for my usual Sunday NY Chapter Breakfast and after breakfast, the car started with no Engine Service Icon, DNA selector working fine...all modes funtioning....I'm thinking I washed the car the day before and usually open the hood to do a quick towel dry under hood and let the rest evaporate...but I didn't do it this time....Could a sensor or connector have gotten wet ? I don't hose down the engine bay, but with the Quad there are those hood vents which may allow more water to enter than the other models??? Just postulating.....??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts