Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

Cheapest reversible method to remove standstill rev limiter on 2.0T Giulia?

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  carrotcake 
#1 ·
I'm looking at a bunch of tunes right now, but I'm actually very happy with the current power on my 2021 Giulia. The only thing I want to do is be a hooligan at stoplights and rev my engine to the current redline when parked. Is there any alternate method to do this besides going with one of these stage 1 tunes that may void my warranty?

#2 ·
A tune is the only way to remove the rev limiter, but that will flash the computer. Your dealership can detect how many times a vehicle has been flashed and if that work was authorized. Adding a tune will most likely void a warranty. If you're just looking for more power, a piggyback unit like the ones Madness or JB4 offers would be less likely to be noticed by a dealership (you'd want to remove it before service), but you still wouldn't be able to freely rev the car at a standstill.

#5 ·
A tune is the only way to remove the rev limiter, but that will flash the computer. Your dealership can detect how many times a vehicle has been flashed and if that work was authorized. Adding a tune will most likely void a warranty.
No dealers care the least - they wont even notice. Prove me wrong.
That said, it’s really not worth tuning the 280 hp version, since a piggyback have proven better performance, although doesn’t remove the softlimiter..

#3 ·
No matter which way you go, you will void your warranty but unless you blow something up ( highly unlikely) it really doesn't matter .
As far as the flash counter, no one at the dealership level is looking at flash counters and even if they were ,unless it's at some crazy high number, (15-20 for a newish car ) they could care less.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.