Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Bridge To Gantry is a YouTuber and auto writer who just happened see the Giulia at the Nurburgring track and he then proceeded chase the Giulia QV around with his Leon Cupra 280. It's actually quite fun to watch.

Take a look:

Right from the get go, the Alfa jumps out and proceeds to book it from the straight. Two minutes into the run, the test driver in the QV signals to let the “hot on his heels” Leon Cupra 280 to pass, which BTG finally does. In a move that only Maverick from Top Gun could pull off, BTG hits the brakes and let’s the Alfa fly right by. When they both hit the straight parts of the Ring, the Alfa effortlessly pulls away, as it should but the Leon Cupra 280 gives chase nonetheless.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Good mention of tires were brought up. Something along the lines of Michelin Pilot Super Sports would be great to have. Looking at what the competition has will be a good way to better gauge what it might come with.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Good mention of tires were brought up. Something along the lines of Michelin Pilot Super Sports would be great to have. Looking at what the competition has will be a good way to better gauge what it might come with.
bridger to gantry confirms them as Pilot Sport Cup 2's 235/40-R18's

·
Registered
277 Posts
His Cupra does corner better but it may be because of the difference in skills?
his Cupra doesn't come up on corners with as much speed meaning he can just chuck it in with little lift... I highly doubt this fellow has superior skills to official FCA test drivers... Who knows who's behind that wheel, I know Ferrari has an impressive stable of test drivers ;)

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You do make a good point about their drivers and the Alfa Giulia does look amazing on the straights and high speed turns. Wonder if this was a sort of advertisement on their part because I think he mentioned that Alfa does rent out the track for private testing.

·
Registered
420 Posts
his Cupra doesn't come up on corners with as much speed meaning he can just chuck it in with little lift... I highly doubt this fellow has superior skills to official FCA test drivers... Who knows who's behind that wheel, I know Ferrari has an impressive stable of test drivers ;)
Exactly.

And it's not just with Ferrari, many other brands are like this, they go crazy in the lapping they do, to and extent that the average folks may not push a vehicle to.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Exactly.

And it's not just with Ferrari, many other brands are like this, they go crazy in the lapping they do, to and extent that the average folks may not push a vehicle to.
I just mean that FCA leans on all of its drivers to help in development. They had Seb Vettel testing the new 488 for them...I'm not saying it was Vettel or anything in the car of course, but FCA does have offical test drivers who have won Le Mans in GT cars for example..

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How does a driver help with development? Do they test out the concept car and provide the company with feedback or are they included in the initial design process? wonder how the Giulia was refined from these testings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.