Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 2017 q4 ti and I’m getting codes for the charcoal canister and I bought I new one to replace the old one but I can’t seem to locate the old one on the vehicle.
If anyone knows where the charcoal canister/vapor canister that would help greatly!
thank you

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thank you very much sir, now just to confirm is this the correct one?

I see that it doesn't use the common nomenclature, typically these are called factory service manual. Will this include all service groups of the car including but not limited to, 4 cylinder turbo motor, infotainment, remote start, auto start stop and such?

·
Registered
4,235 Posts

View attachment 100196

I see that it doesn't use the common nomenclature, typically these are called factory service manual. Will this include all service groups of the car including but not limited to, 4 cylinder turbo motor, infotainment, remote start, auto start stop and such?
Sorry, my knowledge stopped with “where”, I’ll have to leave it to somebody that has actually purchased to comment on the “what”.

·
Registered
243 Posts

View attachment 100196

That will cover both the NAFTA 2.0 and 2.9 engines and all the systems. What it does not include is wiring diagrams—that is a separate USB or CD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,583 Posts
That will cover both the NAFTA 2.0 and 2.9 engines and all the systems. What it does not include is wiring diagrams—that is a separate USB or CD.

At least for my MY2018 service manual and separate (on an encrypted flash drive---arrggh) wiring diagram, I cannot find the modules DASM or HALF. Since I am trying to debug a fault with private bus communication between those modules it sure would be helpful to know where they are and how they are wired. Maybe someone can point me to where to look in the manual or has said information?

There might be other systems that are hard to find or omitted as well.

·
Registered
243 Posts
At least for my MY2018 service manual and separate (on an encrypted flash drive---arrggh) wiring diagram, I cannot find the modules DASM or HALF. Since I am trying to debug a fault with private bus communication between those modules it sure would be helpful to know where they are and how they are wired. Maybe someone can point me to where to look in the manual or has said information?

@lockem, I don’t have the wiring diagrams, but I would have thought those modules, pin outs, wiring, and location would be included there. I have access to an Alldata type service, I will see if I can find anything in their component location and wiring diagrams. (But their stuff is mostly just a copy of the factory service info)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had no luck finding any info on the Haptical Lane Feedback or Driver Assistant Systems Module. I wonder if those are not actual separate modules, but incorporated into other modules. I pulled up the diagrams for all the data lines and went through them looking at every module to no avail.

On a side a note I found diagrams for an Engine Sound Enhancement system. Is this a feature on some cars, or something that was never implemented?
View attachment Blank 2.pdf

·
Premium Member
2,250 Posts

send me your VIN and I can get you the info you want....here is a basic topology...but this will change based on equipped options...

Text Diagram Games Rectangle

·
Registered
742 Posts
...On a side a note I found diagrams for an Engine Sound Enhancement system. Is this a feature on some cars, or something that was never implemented?
It's an extra option - "ENGINE SOUND ENHANCEMENT (85T)" - if customer ordered one.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,583 Posts
I had no luck finding any info on the Haptical Lane Feedback or Driver Assistant Systems Module. I wonder if those are not actual separate modules, but incorporated into other modules. I pulled up the diagrams for all the data lines and went through them looking at every module to no avail.
I am guessing that HALF is the large silver box in the windshield pod, but I do not know. I have no guesses regarding DASM.

send me your VIN and I can get you the info you want....here is a basic topology...but this will change based on equipped options...
Hmmm, that diagram indicates that I may have the function of HALF and DASM swapped.
I have been getting a lot of glitchy errors. The BCM seemed to be the common denominator so I pulled it out, popped the case open and inspected it. Sure enough, nothing serviceable inside. I looked for signs of bad soldering, but it all looks good. The BCM has a lot of non-loaded components; it also looks really expensive. I find it strange that some kind of brassy colored solder (high strength?) was used on the exterior connector pins while the connectors that run between the two boards inside of the module are press fit (no solder). I am not sure about the reliability of said press fit pins. Any way, I put it back together but left the BCM access panel off and left two bulky, loose connectors* that were crowding the harnesses dangling out onto the passenger floor. So far (not very far) that seems to have stopped the bulk of the errors that I was getting. HALF-DASM and RFHUB (both CANBUS errors) are what remain.

RFHUB may be upset that I opened the console to install an RDNA switch. The operation involves a lot of tugging on the wire harnesses inside the console. Unfortunately it appears that RFHUB is buried deep inside the console so that pulling the whole console is the only way to get at it.

A while back I had to replace my windshield. It is possible the the HALF-DASM errors started then. As far as I can tell there is no symptom of said errors other than the storing of an intermittent error.

I notice that the supply voltage to a handful of devices is oddly low. Most devices show supply voltage within 0.1V of the battery voltage, as I expect. However my instrument panel and blind spot detectors show low voltage. In the case of the blind spot detectors I checked the voltage with a meter and it is low, but not as low as reported by the module. The module shows 1.0V drop, while my meter shows 0.3V drop. I think either is excessive. Also the 0.3V consists of 0.2V drop on the power wire and 0.1V drop on the ground wire. Of course I had to disconnect one blind spot detector to make this measurement, so maybe the modules are less far off than they appear. Anyway either Alfa used some too small diameter wire or there is a fault in there somewhere. As far as I can tell only the left side blind spot detector is accessible without pulling the rear fascia, which is a two person job <sigh>. I can look at the right side blind spot detector, but it is jammed against some kind of vent so that I cannot get my hand on the electrical connector. Maybe someone could plug in their MES and see if they get similar results?

* One is battery power feed to the BCM and seems to be a workaround for a too short cable in the wiring harness. There are three large wires feeding power to the BCM and this involves the two that are paired together. The other is a physically very large 20A fuse holder (for what?). Both are wrapped in foam rubber and then jammed against the bottom 2 cables that connect to the BCM. Not exactly a "pretty" implementation. My suspicion is that these are causing intermittent faults on one or more of the wires in those bottom two connectors.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
A while back I had to replace my windshield. It is possible the the HALF-DASM errors started then. As far as I can tell there is no symptom of said errors other than the storing of an intermittent error.
I think that officialy, if you replace the windshield, the camera -might- require a recalibration.....
Perhaps that is the problem ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts