Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking more, and more, seriously at the Giulia Ti Sport. I think it's quite possibly one of the best looking 4-door sport-sedans on the market. I love every detail about the car, with the exception of the interior aluminum trim. The Giulia Ti Lusso has optional Light Walnut Wood trim, which I think looks a lot better. Do any of you know whether or not it would be possible to switch out the aluminum trim, for the Light Walnut Wood trim? How difficult do you think it would be?

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I love the Ti Sport interior. Give it time, it will grow on you.

·
Registered
2017 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio
953 Posts
Are you optioning your car? My TI came with Dark Walnut finishes not aluminum so you can get it in the TI sport package.

·
Registered
73 Posts

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
option is the way to go - but it is easy (search youtube) to remove the door trim pieces, so if people wanted to swap it wouldn't be a big deal.
the dash trim might be harder - I haven't seen anything on that.

I do think it's a shame that people buying quads don't have a choice of trims, or seat color, or lusso seats.

·
Registered
62 Posts
When I purchased my 2018 Ti Sport, I wanted the dark wood trim. Dealer tried to put the order in with dark wood, but couldn't because they said aluminum was default for the 2018 Ti Sport. Ended up with aluminum. I am planning to reach out to my dealer soon to see how much the wood trim would cost to buy (and separately, to install).

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
I do think it's a shame that people buying quads don't have a choice of trims, or seat color, or lusso seats.
At that price semi-bespoke doesn't seem unreasonable, especially since they are pretty much made-to-order. If Mini can do it, why not AR?

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
hey, it's not even semi-bespoke, it's available as an option on the 4 cylinder.

semi-bespoke would be bentleys choice of off the rack combinations; of course you can choose no of the above and go for bespoke - if you got the beeigbebucks.

·
Registered
2020 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sport Ti AWD
7,478 Posts
hey, it's not even semi-bespoke, it's available as an option on the 4 cylinder.

semi-bespoke would be bentleys choice of off the rack combinations; of course you can choose no of the above and go for bespoke - if you got the beeigbebucks.
More or less the same thing?
The parts are available for use.
AR chooses the allowable combinations.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was wanting the gray wood trim as well. I like the aluminum too, but I like the gray wood better. To me, it gives more of a touch of class to the already classy and sporty design.

·
Registered
573 Posts
I have never had a car with any kind of wood trim. Just can't see myself with one even now. I would love to have more options to add more polish aluminum to replace more of the plastic inside of the car. Will have to look around more but mostly they just have a lot of CF stuff out there.

·
Registered
437 Posts
For anyone evaluating CF trim cover options, here's a pic of my TI Sport with that. I went with Yomato CF kit, which includes all 4 door handles, the center console area and glove box trim.

·
Registered
414 Posts
For anyone evaluating CF trim cover options, here's a pic of my TI Sport with that. I went with Yomato CF kit, which includes all 4 door handles, the center console area and glove box trim.

Looks good! How much did that run you? Dang I’ve been wanting that red push start button but my local dealer pretty much refuses to do it

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've been looking more, and more, seriously at the Giulia Ti Sport. I think it's quite possibly one of the best looking 4-door sport-sedans on the market. I love every detail about the car, with the exception of the interior aluminum trim. The Giulia Ti Lusso has optional Light Walnut Wood trim, which I think looks a lot better. Do any of you know whether or not it would be possible to switch out the aluminum trim, for the Light Walnut Wood trim? How difficult do you think it would be?
I love the Ti Sport interior. Give it time, it will grow on you.
I too struggled with the interior while looking at the Giulia. I'm generally not a fan of the "aluminum"/metal-look trim. On a former BMW coupe I had a black interior with wood trim instead of the "sportier" metal-look trim.

Open pore wood is the fashion now, and I do like it. I would have liked the option for a light wood trim on a Sport model (and without the light tan panels/carpet). The dark wood on the base model somehow just doesn't work, not with black everywhere else-- on the C300 I considered, it would've been gray interior with black open pore ash wood.

In the end, I stuck with the black interior and aluminum trim. As alfa55 said, it does grow on you. The black with selective, understated (i.e. not shiny chrome), accents does work well. If you look at some of the gallery pics on Alfa's site it looks like pre-production cars had more trim, so it's likely something bean counters and designers struggled with. The final balance seems pretty good.

While there are a few options for 'stick-on' cover/replacement of trim for carbon-fiber (-look), I've not seen any for wood. Nor am I aware of any ability to purchase the trim pieces directly from Alfa/Mopar.

Personally, I did add aluminum alfa-logo panels to the interior door latch wells. And while I bought a silver/aluminum-look stick-on surround for the climate control, I'm leaning towards not using it.

Having owned the car for a little over a month, there are things other than the color/trim which I wish had been done differently-- like door pockets of a bizarrely useless geometry (what fits in that circular indent at the bottom??!?).

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,744 Posts
Well, if some QV owner really wants the brushed aluminum look, please contact me and I'll be happy to swap some parts for CF, including paying some for the difference in value.

I'll pass on the stick on CF stuff. Wood is notorious for having longevity problems in cars; especially wood veneers. Cars get extremes of temperatures and humidity and wood has problems with both.

OTOH, I have a source for small pieces of curl leaf mountain mahogany, wood from a tree native to the Great Basin area which matches Gabon Ebony for hardness and density--roughly the same as magnesium alloy. The tree grows in wet areas of the high desert. The wood is normally worked with metal cutting tools rather than wood cutting tools. It is dark brown and has a nice figure. With roughly 50 rings to the inch and a strong tendency to split, you might understand why I don't have any big pieces. Maybe suitable for fabricating some small parts like switch buttons.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts

Are they the ones in this link?

https://yomatocarbon.com/collection...ulia-interior-trim-covers?variant=43536571534

Looks like these are just stick on ones that go on top of existing trim. If so how are the affixed and how good is the fit and does it sit noticeably 'proud'? Also how different are they to the Chinese ebay makes?

Cheers.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Are they the ones in this link?

https://yomatocarbon.com/collection...ulia-interior-trim-covers?variant=43536571534

Looks like these are just stick on ones that go on top of existing trim. If so how are the affixed and how good is the fit and does it sit noticeably 'proud'? Also how different are they to the Chinese ebay makes?

Cheers.
Yes, those are the ones.

Yes, they stick on with 3m adhesive.

Here's the original thread I posted back in August http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/393-interior/16465-yomato-carbon-fiber-interior-trim.html

The fitment is pretty good. It is not noticeably raised at all. My center console drawer still slides in and out without any issues. A couple of the edges could be 1mm off but definitely nothing noticeable, and it could be installation issue on my part.

Also, if I'm not mistaken all of the available options from Koshi Group are also stick on. Don't think anyone is making actual replacement pieces. It also would be significantly more expensive. Check out this other thread where I also evaluated wraps. http://www.giuliaforums.com/forum/393-interior/16001-carbon-fiber-interior-trim-wrap.html

No idea how this compares to the Chinese ebay ones. Not something I considered.

·
Registered
646 Posts
The Yamato Carbon Fibre trim kit looks great but I could not justify spending close to $800 for it.

THere have been some CF trim pieces showing up on eBay from China but I don’t know that I’d trust them.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Guys, I think at Ti should be able to option out those trims (not cf). For the Quad, I was disappointed that tan interiors were not available. Then I went through a rationalization period to understand what the limits of Alcantara were (there are none, both leather and alcantara can be produced in whatever weight or thickness you want). In the end it is just a production efficiency decision. Alfa Romeo can not realistically produce bespoke cars on every level, including Quads. But you now what? The Ice trim is fantastic and really is special compared to the black(gray) and red trim options. The green and white stitching is more rare and could only really be improved by adding green stitching to the steering wheel instead of black. I love it and relish the fact that it is an authentic factory option and will hold value on the collector market.

But if you want to swap out the trim yourself for one that's available, go ahead. It shouldn't be a problem since it is one from the factory.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts