Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if any drivers in any other countries(outside the US) are able to permenantly change the forward collision setting to Warning or Off. Here in the US if you change forward collision to Warning Only, it sets back to full after a restart. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Wondering if any drivers in any other countries(outside the US) are able to permenantly change the forward collision setting to Warning or Off. Here in the US if you change forward collision to Warning Only, it sets back to full after a restart. Thanks!
Mine is set to warning only and its been that way for 4 months..are you saying yours goes back to warning and brake after a restart?

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm in Canada and mine stays to warning only.

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,215 Posts
I believe that mine reverts to warning and brake also.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
7,670 Posts
I believe mine reverts too. I've had the thing panic brake when it should not have done so and when it was dangerous to do so three times. I have had it not brake when it probably should have twice (once when there were two deer in the road and once when a CHP panic braked in front of me). It's a nice idea but at least Alfa's implementation is not something one can rely on.

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
4,405 Posts
Mine reverts too and when on a track, if you're not in race, you need to remember each session to turn it off

Reactions: JeFizz

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
4,215 Posts
Mine reverts too and when on a track, if you're not in race, you need to remember each session to turn it off
Yep, that's where I learned it reverted.

Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just now replying to my own thread ?. @Crosshairs , yeah mine reverts every time. All modules are the latest versions with a 2.5 radio. Wondering if it is a U.S. nanny state setting. Maybe Alfa trusts another country more than us to drive our own cars? Wondering if I could change the market setting to allow it to stay in it's chosen mode.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts