Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wondering how that would look on my 2018 tricoat comp. red QV.

·
Registered
646 Posts
You may want to stay away from Marathon gas... I had a bad experience with their gas once with another car of mine. Especially for your QV, stick to Shell or Exxon.

Nice color by the way! (Just got my Stelvio QV in the same color!) (y)

·
Administrator
2018 Giulia Ti Sport Q4
5,146 Posts
You may want to stay away from Marathon gas... I had a bad experience with their gas once with another car of mine. Especially for your QV, stick to Shell or Exxon.
I wouldn't say that any gas is necessarily better than the rest when it comes down to it. The main thing is to hit gas stations that have high traffic so the gas is fresh. I've never had gasoline issues.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I wouldn't say that any gas is necessarily better than the rest when it comes down to it. The main thing is to hit gas stations that have high traffic so the gas is fresh. I've never had gasoline issues.
There was an interesting study from AAA on this as to "Top Tier" gasolines, namely those with certain additives, some of their conclusions were:

1. The test engine operated on a TOP TIER gasoline averaged 19 times fewer intake valve deposits than when it was operated on non- TOP TIER gasoline. (based on the ASTM D6201 test - TOP TIER gasoline averaged 34.1mg of deposits per intake valve versus non- TOP TIER average of 660.6mg)

2. Based upon secondary research findings, long-term use of a gasoline without an enhanced additive package can lead to reductions in fuel economy of 2-4%, drivability issues, and increased emissions.

The study can be accessed here: http://www.trbas.com/media/media/acrobat/2018-09/70345370957240-14152908.pdf

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.