21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
[QUOTE = "Alfa_Veloce_, publicación: 796378, miembro: 27433"]
También me han interesado estos. Si lo piensa, lo único que debe pensar es si la cinta se mantendrá a altas velocidades. Eso es realmente lo importante, no quieres que esas cosas se vayan volando. Pero, de nuevo, ¿el borde de fibra de carbono en la parte posterior no ayuda con la cinta de doble cara y obtiene más resistencia? Yo diría que están bien siempre que elimines la cera de esa zona para que el adhesivo se adhiera bien. Solo estoy esperando ahorrar algo de dinero para conseguirlos. Acabo de ordenar la presa de aire frontal y publicaré fotos cuando la instale.
[/CITAR]
tu compras and install the side skirt?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Did you figure it out? Its kind of pain to line up.Madness should include some type of instructions on where they go. They just send you a box and say "good luck".
yes friend, my solution was to go to an alpha dealer and take the measurements of a qv, basically the front part (of the pilot) is about 24 inches and the rear 12 inches.

·
Vendor
1,303 Posts
Just received these myself. Did you use the supplied tape or epoxy or both?
Hello JaeWill,

Thank you for reaching out.

Typically when we preform the installations we will use a liquid epoxy as well as the double sided tape.

The epoxy helps add a little extra security and helps to seam the edges in.

Please feel free to give one of our Technical Advisors a call at 512-982-9393 TX or 562-981-6800 CA and they can help provide you with some more detailed install tips.

Thank you again for your support!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello JaeWill,

Thank you for reaching out.

Typically when we preform the installations we will use a liquid epoxy as well as the double sided tape.

The epoxy helps add a little extra security and helps to seam the edges in.

Please feel free to give one of our Technical Advisors a call at 512-982-9393 TX or 562-981-6800 CA and they can help provide you with some more detailed install tips.

Thank you again for your support!
Thanks! I may just call for info on prepping the surface. Thank you for getting back to me!

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Just installed these myself. Just used 3M VHB. If my spoiler can last years, I figured so can this.

Install is simple. Clean the surface well, one more time with rubbing alcohol, apply 3M adhesive promoter. On the part itself, clean well with alcohol, apply adhesive promoter and then the 3M tape. Last is a few passes using a heat gun. After install, I used painters tape to hold it in place.

I used different placement than the one above. You can't really use the QV as measurements as the side panels are completely different. Mine are about 3" from the bottom of the door and 7" from the rear wheel well. Looks good and I'm happy with the install. Took forever since I didn't have any help. Will post pics when I remove the tape tomorrow.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just installed these myself. Just used 3M VHB. If my spoiler can last years, I figured so can this.

Install is simple. Clean the surface well, one more time with rubbing alcohol, apply 3M adhesive promoter. On the part itself, clean well with alcohol, apply adhesive promoter and then the 3M tape. Last is a few passes using a heat gun. After install, I used painters tape to hold it in place.

I used different placement than the one above. You can't really use the QV as measurements as the side panels are completely different. Mine are about 3" from the bottom of the door and 7" from the rear wheel well. Looks good and I'm happy with the install. Took forever since I didn't have any help. Will post pics when I remove the tape tomorrow.
Nice! Thanks for the info. I’ll probably tackle it this weekend. Pictures will be good to see.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Nice! Thanks for the info. I’ll probably tackle it this weekend. Pictures will be good to see.
Will do. When you dry install them, use painters tape to create markers on the car for both corners. Then, pull 3 vertical lines to hold it in place, you can peal the tops of the tape and roll down the skirt while you prep. Having something to balance it underneath also helps. Again, if you have two sets of hands, it's a lot easier to do this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Will do. When you dry install them, use painters tape to create markers on the car for both corners. Then, pull 3 vertical lines to hold it in place, you can peal the tops of the tape and roll down the skirt while you prep. Having something to balance it underneath also helps. Again, if you have two sets of hands, it's a lot easier to do this.
Good idea here. I was thinking having someone to help would be big. Good pointers here. Thanks again!!

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
Here you go!

Attachments

21 - 36 of 36 Posts