Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport
486 Posts
I have also been interested in these. If you think about it the only thing to think about is, will the tape hold on in high speeds? That's really the important thing you don't want those things flying off. But then again isn't the carbon fiber lip on the back help by double sided tape and gets more are resistance? I would say they are fine as long as you remove any wax in that area so the adhesive could stick well. Just waiting to save up some money to get these. Just ordered the front air dam and will post pictures when I install it.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Look good but
1. Its not clear which models they fit
2.My office has a crazy curved driveway which I have already scraped once in just that spot- it would be harder to touch up Carbon Fiber than paint. Repair of potential scrapes in the future is an underestimated problem with CF add ons.

·
Registered
2018 Q4 with Fiamenghi Ti exhaust, Race Mod, and Tecnico wheels.
8,774 Posts
IMO think anything that sticks out there will have a tendency to get kicked and stomped on by people getting in and out. There is some advantage to vinyl stick ons like I have.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
IMO think anything that sticks out there will have a tendency to get kicked and stomped on by people getting in and out. There is some advantage to vinyl stick ons like I have.
Which ones did you get and how did you align/fit them?

Reactions: jmfabr2rc

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Which ones did you get and how did you align/fit them?
I had them made by David at Imperial Works in Sacramento, California. He probably still has the template and if so he can make more. IIRC, he has a CNC vinyl sheet cutter, for this and custom wraps. He also made me a black vinyl GIULIA badge for the trunk, which IMO looks way better than the OEM chrome badge on my Bianco Trofeo paint. He was able to reasonably accurately copy the OEM logotype.

Installation might be more problematic unless Sacramento is within range for you. I suspect David will not want to travel to England just to install the vinyl. I have no idea what magic David and crew used to get these on straight, but the end result was perfect to my eyes. I have tried to install lettering neatly on some other projects (e.g. identification labels on my dump truck doors) with poor results.

Imperial Works works on all kinds of cars. I've seen a 1970s Toyota Corolla race car, a BMW race car, two different Lambos and other less noteworthy cars at his shop. He often has a stack of carbon fiber parts in his tiny lobby, awaiting installation in some customer's car...

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
I had them made by David at Imperial Works in Sacramento, California. He probably still has the template and if so he can make more. IIRC, he has a CNC vinyl sheet cutter, for this and custom wraps. He also made me a black vinyl GIULIA badge for the trunk, which IMO looks way better than the OEM chrome badge on my Bianco Trofeo paint. He was able to reasonably accurately copy the OEM logotype.

Installation might be more problematic unless Sacramento is within range for you. I suspect David will not want to travel to England just to install the vinyl. I have no idea what magic David and crew used to get these on straight, but the end result was perfect to my eyes. I have tried to install lettering neatly on some other projects (e.g. identification labels on my dump truck doors) with poor results.

Imperial Works works on all kinds of cars. I've seen a 1970s Toyota Corolla race car, a BMW race car, two different Lambos and other less noteworthy cars at his shop. He often has a stack of carbon fiber parts in his tiny lobby, awaiting installation in some customer's car...
Ha ha. I very much doubt he will travel to England :) I have seen your pictures and I though the skirts were OEM! They look good. Any idea on cost? I will probably contact them at some point to ship them to me if I wish to go ahead with it and I don't find anyone locally.

Reactions: migliori

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
Ha ha. I very much doubt he will travel to England :) I have seen your pictures and I though the skirts were OEM! They look good. Any idea on cost? I will probably contact them at some point to ship them to me if I wish to go ahead with it and I don't find anyone locally.
I've got an invoice buried in a pile of Giulia parts somewhere--not worth the effort to dig it out. IIRC it was about $400 including installation for the badge and 4 side pieces (2 skirt and 2 rear fascia). It being custom work you can request whatever vinyl sheet suits your fancy for the material. I requested a textured charcoal gray material since it hides dirt and scuffs better than a plain material. Gloss black is available, but I don't think that is a good choice from a durability point of view.

I do not know if the badge would come on a sheet to help with installation. My NORTON badges came that way but even then I had trouble with creases in the letters when I installed them (long story).

·
Registered
8,774 Posts
If you have to ask, you probably don't want to know.....
I remember somebody looked it up and posted the answer on the forums after @MacGeek posted what all parts are needed. IIRC it was close to $5000 for the parts. Installation is not trivial and they need to be painted.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts