Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer works with a local rebuilder who suggested that I purchase Ceramic Pro treatment. I read the material and looked around on line and it certainly seems to be a really good thing to do.

I was wondering what people thought? And how much should I pay?

What about alternatives like Opticoat, etc.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
My dealer works with a local rebuilder who suggested that I purchase Ceramic Pro treatment. I read the material and looked around on line and it certainly seems to be a really good thing to do.

I was wondering what people thought? And how much should I pay?

What about alternatives like Opticoat, etc.
It depends on the area you are in, Ceramic pro use to be good but now a days anyone can become a dealer and an installer. I would save your money and go with a proper professional if you are going for a QV and want to take care of it 100%. Also film protection is a thing.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wasn't clear in my first post. This person has an excellent certified installer that he works with and I have seen his work which is top notch.
I have a question as to what would be a fair price. I believe he quoted $2,400 to two coat. That seems high

Can you explain what the film protection is?

Also, I am considering having the interior treated as well. I am going to be using the car everyday and it's going to take quite a bit of wear and tear.

·
Registered
288 Posts
The paint protection film is pretty much a clear vinyl that covers the painted surfaces. Xpel Ultimate is a great example of PPF (paint protection film) and it's also self healing which is really cool. Does cost money, but will provide maximum protection for the longest amount of time.

Not completely sure on Ceramic Pro on the interior, heard about it getting done but never had experience with it. Seems like it'll be a good route though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
If you are driving it everyday, I would consider both treatments. Start with the xpel on the front of the car to protect against rocks highway debris, then go with a ceramic coating or similar to protect the rest of the car and give it a nice shiny coating. The xpel should cost around $2k, and the ceramic or similar coating like opticoat should be around another $750-$1,000. Costs maybe a little different wherever you live, but shop around. I have both treatments on my cars and well worth the cost.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts