Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had Ceramic Pro Light applied to the new Giulia. It's pretty amazing!

FYI for folks who have yet to receive their cars....tell the dealer NOT to wash it. Turns out they used a brush and there were scratch lines all the way around the car! Before the CP is applied they do paint correction to buff out all the scratches, but that can be avoided if you don't let the dealer touch it.

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Looks great Jake! Mind if I ask how much the application cost? And how long the said it will last?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This was the Bronze package so it included the following:

1 layer of Ceramic Pro Light on all painted exterior surfaces.
• 1 layer of Ceramic Pro Light on plastic and rims.
• 1 layer of Ceramic Pro Rain on all windows and glass.
• 1 complimentary coating of Pearl on tires (lasts up to 3 months).
• 2 year warranty

800 bucks. I think you could get it cheaper but this guy has a very good reputation in my area.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looks amazing, I'm looking for a decent shop in LA that will do the nano protection, CQuartz or whoever is best.

·
Registered
Tipo 33 Stradale 1/18 scale
3,842 Posts
i had Opticoat Pro+ done on a black car

and yes, dont let the dealer try to wash it if you are getting it done, part of the process is a good paint correction and a buff

Attachments

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
I had the 3m clear bra and Ceramic coat done for $1650. Well worth it. The clear bra consisted of full front end, hood and fenders, door edges, side mirrors and door handle cups.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Never even considered it for previous cars now I'm totally sold, the Giulia close to self washing in the rain and cleans up beautifully with just soap and water. I'm now using a two bucket method to try and minimize scratches. But as mentioned if your going to do this and your Giulia is is special order make sure the dealer doesn't wash it and go straight to the detailer because you will save some time and money if the detailer doesn't have to buff out a load of scratches.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Personally I think it's a gimmick, I'll stick with good old fashion wax.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
I'm not getting it either and happy at my sealant but I get why others do. If I was doing tank load of miles on the highway I might but my main reason is having to do the lot all over if you get a scuff/damage to it (which I already had). That's just me though.

Jake - your car looks beautiful - such a different look to mine with the roof :)

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Personally I think it's a gimmick, I'll stick with good old fashion wax.
No gimmick, seeing is believing. After getting stuck in the rain, the car dries off like you just washed it.

Reactions: RVAAF

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
No hand waxing job pops like this with no swirl marks.

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm having mine done as I type. I'm also excited about the wheel and brake caliper application. Cleaning brake dust is never fun!

·
Registered
249 Posts
I just had this done on my 8 year old 911T (Guards Red) and have had several people tell me that the car looks brand new. It had some really bad swirl marks over the years and needed the detail badly. I just hope to keep the coat maintained properly. (Wheels are a little dusty; black wheels = a bit tough to keep clean!)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/rqmJaR7ixjFSgCYp2

Reactions: alfa55

·
Registered
54 Posts
Had full paint correction, full front Xpel paint protection film installed and then Cquartz Pro installed on my Trophy White Quadrifoglio.

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.