Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone does anyone know of a detail shop in central nj that does the ceramic coating for cars?

·
Registered
641 Posts
hey everyone does anyone know of a detail shop in central nj that does the ceramic coating for cars?
Sal, let me know when you get yours done and give me your thoughts. It's been a week for me and looks fantastic although no washing for two-three weeks after initial application so that it cures properly. I will say that I've had some bug splatter dried on the front and a slightly damp microfiber cloth took it off with no effort.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
first i'm hearing of this stuff (managed to keep my head in the sand) though watched the vids and it looks good. I like the idea more than the xpel etc. Is it a replacement for that (i.e. you don't do both right?) and guessing it's a few $k to get done?

·
Registered
312 Posts
first i'm hearing of this stuff (managed to keep my head in the sand) though watched the vids and it looks good. I like the idea more than the xpel etc. Is it a replacement for that (i.e. you don't do both right?) and guessing it's a few $k to get done?
Btwn $300- 1k

·
Registered
547 Posts
Ceramic Pro will not prevent rock chips, it will help but they do not guarantee against rock chips. The clear bra's Expel product in conjunction with Ceramic pro will give you added protection against rocks and chips.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I did clear bra on complete front including headlight lens, hood and rear quarters and then lifetime Ceramic Pro entire car including wheels and calibers. Price for all this is usually between $2k-$3K. You can get a 2 year warranty Ceramic Pro which is cheaper.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I did clear bra on complete front including headlight lens, hood and rear quarters and then lifetime Ceramic Pro entire car including wheels and calibers. Price for all this is usually between $2k-$3K. You can get a 2 year warranty Ceramic Pro which is cheaper.
Yep. I bought the 5 year guarantee CeramicPro and it cost me $1,500 (+ tax). I did that partly because the Alfa paint is fairly soft. May not really protect against chips but very good against scratches I understand. MakeItRain made a good investment by adding the clear bra etc for really comprehensive protection (I'm thinking about that too).

·
Registered
658 Posts
+1 on the combining both if it fits in your budget. The film for protecting key areas against rock chips. The ceramic coating should help with surface scratches but the other two things I have found is that it means the whole car has a shine that matches the film. And it's as close to self cleaning as you get, drive the Giulia in heavy rain and it's 90% washed.

·
Premium Member
2,086 Posts
Think I'll do it if I get the QV if/when, tis a good price for just the ceramic though. Guessing you need to leave the car? Do they sort any inperfections too as eluded in the vid?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Think I'll do it if I get the QV if/when, tis a good price for just the ceramic though. Guessing you need to leave the car? Do they sort any inperfections too as eluded in the vid?
Took about two days to complete. They typically do one round of paint correction as part of the price. If the car is older and needs additional rounds they charge more.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Exactly what Simey said they do a clay bar and prep before they do the clear bra and Ceramic Pro it's all part of the package. If your detailer does not do a prep work find another detailer. Depending on how much of the vehicle they do and how many coats determines the length of stay for your vehicle. Mine took 5 days but I had them do some other stuff. Also the detailer is a Tenant of mine so I got the VIP treatment....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts