Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone looked into doing the GTA centerlock set up? I know folks have gotten the seats and belts, wings, and I have seen the carbon fiber side things for sale here. Just curious if anyone else looked.

· Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
6,713 Posts
I think oem were in the 10k range

Reactions: Buba1

· Registered
23 Posts
I can tell you first hand from having center locks on my 360. They are very expensive if something goes wrong. You can not just order the set, you have to have atleast one wheel as a backup in case of an emergency. Likely a front and rear due to sizing. You have to carry around a large torque wrench for a just in case moment. more so because most tow companies do not carry torque wrenches like that. You talking around 400ft lbs of torque. As for weight, it’s very marginal, you wont feel a difference other than noticing the footprint having a wider wheel. While I do love the looks, you’d likely need a conversion kit for these wheels. I’m sure the axles on the GTAm were built around this setup. If the money or the inconvenience isn’t an issue, then maybe it’s a right fit. centerlocks always look amazing.

· Registered
23 Posts
Ten years ago when I got mine, I got an incredible deal on them and it gave methe option on that particular car to run a 9inch up front and a 12 inch rear. It changed the handling characteristics immensely and was the only company to offer such a stance without any rubbing. And I was able to get the adapters with the wheel purchase second hand from a forum member. I then found on eBay an additional unused set, which thankfully had no reserve and got the entire set for the price of one wheel. Unless I was buying a Porsche where the wheels are mega abundant, I would not bother

· Vendor
Alfa romeo 164S, Giulia QV- Squadra
4,841 Posts
Expensive venture for very few. You would also need the fenders, bumpers etc to make the wheels fit, otherwise they would stick out of the QV bodywork. I will get whatever the owner wants but I am not really planning to offer this. ;)

· Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Expensive venture for very few. You would also need the fenders, bumpers etc to make the wheels fit, otherwise they would stick out of the QV bodywork. I will get whatever the owner wants but I am not really planning to offer this. ;)
This was just a curious question. I just want that race spoiler 🤣

1 - 12 of 12 Posts