Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
For anyone installing the system: The install sheet that shipped with the systems from Magnaflow were written after their first tear-down of the car. I worked with them this week to get a bit more detail included in the instructions, so here is a revised version:

https://centerlinealfa.com/sites/centerlinealfa.com/assets/files/default/PH425_install.pdf

The original instructions don't mention extending the vacuum lines to the valves; we include 2 sections of silicone vacuum tubing and connectors so you can make the connection to the valves and still have plenty of slack to tuck the tubing out of the way. If you don't need the extra tubing to make the connection to the valves just go ahead and disregard that part of the instructions.

The installation is actually fairly straight forward, the hardest part is removing and re-installing the under body panels and diffuser.

A Public Thank you to @JoeCab for holding my exhaust until I get back from Europe!....my wife will want to know "WHY are you anxious to get back to work??!!":wink2:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Thanks! Amazing visit and QV experience

I had a sublime experience when I dropped by Centerline locally here in Denver last Friday. At the end of my week, I gave myself Friday afternoon off, and on the way home, made a call to Centerline in Lafayette to see if they would mind a visit. They said, “sure” and 10 minutes later, I walked in their front door. I fully expected this to just be a “hi” visit, and wanted to let them know how much I’m enjoying their Corsa on my Sport Ti Perf Pkg.

Joe (Cab) met me in the lobby, which by the way sported a QV 2.9 motor as a centerpiece of their reception area and Alfisi memorabilia from 40 years of North American market leadership. I could tell that he had a terminal case of “Alfa-itus” and a passion to match the marque we all love.

Asking him if he’d had a chance to try the combined EC V2+P1 and his Corasa on a 2 litre, he said “no, not yet” — so I offered the keys and we took a drive. He knew me from my rants on this forum and was very complimentary about how he found the tuned Q4. I agree, and am a fan!

The big suprise followed when he offered to let have a go at their 2017 Quad, Montecarlo blue, “corporate test bed” with the Stradale “final version” prototype Magnaflow 3” exhaust. My face still hurts from the goofy grin I was wearing. Got a chance to run Dynamic and Race mode, with some to-redline charges in this beast. My only other cockpit time previously was 5 minutes as passenger last year. This was a whole new ball game. The Stradale takes this car sonically to a level that blew my mind. In no way does the YouTube segment remotely convey the music this motor makes above 6,000. Deep, sonorous, with a HUGE ATTITUDE.

After my 15 minutes of joyride, Joe took the helm and gave me a glimpse of what magic the Stradale Quad is — Even had an “underpass” moment, with windows down and the reflected symphony a 2.9 Alfa twin turbo can produce. Magnifico! A Quad will be in my future, and the Stradale is a must. It was also enlightening to hear the development story of multiple prototypes at Magnaflow, until Joe got the exact audio note he was looking for. Our Alfa community is blessed to have such dedication from Joe and Centerline.

I want to express my deepest and most heartfelt thanks for an hour I will always remember. Joe, grazie mille!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
I had a sublime experience when I dropped by Centerline locally here in Denver last Friday. At the end of my week, I gave myself Friday afternoon off, and on the way home, made a call to Centerline in Lafayette to see if they would mind a visit. They said, “sure” and 10 minutes later, I walked in their front door. I fully expected this to just be a “hi” visit, and wanted to let them know how much I’m enjoying their Corsa on my Sport Ti Perf Pkg.

Joe (Cab) met me in the lobby, which by the way sported a QV 2.9 motor as a centerpiece of their reception area and Alfisi memorabilia from 40 years of North American market leadership. I could tell that he had a terminal case of “Alfa-itus” and a passion to match the marque we all love.

Asking him if he’d had a chance to try the combined EC V2+P1 and his Corasa on a 2 litre, he said “no, not yet” — so I offered the keys and we took a drive. He knew me from my rants on this forum and was very complimentary about how he found the tuned Q4. I agree, and am a fan!

The big suprise followed when he offered to let have a go at their 2017 Quad, Montecarlo blue, “corporate test bed” with the Stradale “final version” prototype Magnaflow 3” exhaust. My face still hurts from the goofy grin I was wearing. Got a chance to run Dynamic and Race mode, with some to-redline charges in this beast. My only other cockpit time previously was 5 minutes as passenger last year. This was a whole new ball game. The Stradale takes this car sonically to a level that blew my mind. In no way does the YouTube segment remotely convey the music this motor makes above 6,000. Deep, sonorous, with a HUGE ATTITUDE.

After my 15 minutes of joyride, Joe took the helm and gave me a glimpse of what magic the Stradale Quad is — Even had an “underpass” moment, with windows down and the reflected symphony a 2.9 Alfa twin turbo can produce. Magnifico! A Quad will be in my future, and the Stradale is a must. It was also enlightening to hear the development story of multiple prototypes at Magnaflow, until Joe got the exact audio note he was looking for. Our Alfa community is blessed to have such dedication from Joe and Centerline.

I want to express my deepest and most heartfelt thanks for an hour I will always remember. Joe, grazie mille!
If I didn't already own a 4C and a Giulia Ti.... You definitely would have sold me a Quadrifoglio just now! :grin2:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just picked the car up from the shop about an hour ago. Definitely LOVE IT! The sound the car makes with valves closed is about a billion times better than stock. The roar with the valves open is nice and deep. I was expecting it to be a bit louder with the valves open, but it's by no means quiet.

Just started to rain here so I'll hopefully be making it back out on the road sometime tonight to try it out some more. Also hoping to have enough free time tomorrow to shoot a little footage as well.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Just picked the car up from the shop about an hour ago. Definitely LOVE IT! The sound the car makes with valves closed is about a billion times better than stock. The roar with the valves open is nice and deep. I was expecting it to be a bit louder with the valves open, but it's by no means quiet.

Just started to rain here so I'll hopefully be making it back out on the road sometime tonight to try it out some more. Also hoping to have enough free time tomorrow to shoot a little footage as well.
You don't drive in the rain???

·
Registered
50 Posts
You don't drive in the rain???
Of course I do. Just generally not in any way that showcases the exhaust note of the car. Not driving during a downpour in race mode for instance. 0:) Haha, I enjoy moving in a forward direction when I hit the gas pedal instead of standing still as this car likes to do on wet roads.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Of course I do. Just generally not in any way that showcases the exhaust note of the car. Not driving during a downpour in race mode for instance. 0:) Haha, I enjoy moving in a forward direction when I hit the gas pedal instead of standing still as this car likes to do on wet roads.
I suppose that also means you don't like doing pirouettes? :wink2:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Here it is! The interior audio is a bit quieter than what you can actually hear in the cabin, but hey GoPros aren't known for their audio quality. I think the exterior audio is pretty spot on though. Would like to get some more video of really hard launches, but this is mostly just some spirited driving on curvy roads.

·
Registered
691 Posts
^ Thanks for the video! Do you have the open flap mod, or is this with the stock flap control?

·
Registered
53 Posts
If I didn't already own a 4C and a Giulia Ti.... You definitely would have sold me a Quadrifoglio just now! :grin2:
Well, he definitely got me sold on the Stradale exhaust... Ordered it from Joe at Centerline earlier this week. At the moment it is on a flight over to the Far East having left LAX yesterday. Can't wait...! :grin2:

Reactions: peczenij

·
Registered
53 Posts
Here it is! The interior audio is a bit quieter than what you can actually hear in the cabin, but hey GoPros aren't known for their audio quality. I think the exterior audio is pretty spot on though. Would like to get some more video of really hard launches, but this is mostly just some spirited driving on curvy roads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn2mesu9gUY&t
Hi Mike, thks for posting this video, it did help to convince me to get the full Stradale exhaust instead of just the X-pipe! :smile2:

Watching your video again, I have to say that the volume I'm hearing from inside the cabin in Dynamic Mode is at least double of what I'm hearing in your video. And that's with the windows up and keeping revs to below 4000rpm. In fact, it's comparable to my GTR with its straight-through Akrapovic Evolution titanium exhaust with all 4 catalytic converters removed! And if I'm being honest, I'm not too sure that's a good thing all the time... Especially when I'm trying to be discrete coming home at night and limiting revs to below 4000rpm.

Also at the 0:50 mark in your vid, could you have perhaps left the car in N-mode instead of Dynamic? For my ride, once 3800-4000rpm is passed, the valves open with a distinctive roar. Making some WOT runs and running it thru the gears in a long tunnel, I can verify that it is FREAKIN LOUD, especially with the windows down!! I was initially thinking of getting the catless downpipes from Ragazzon but I think I'll just hold back for now.

Anyway for those of you thinking of getting the Stradale exhaust, the roar of these pipes is awesome! Even with the valves closed and driving in Dynamic, there is a deep bellow hinting of its latent potential.

By the way, I had a slight problem with the alignment of the right-most pipe but Joe Cab from Centerline is helping me get this sorted at the moment. Meanwhile, am loving the look of those 4.5" exhaust tips!

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
I just wanted to give everyone a little update on this product. Most of these limited edition exhausts have been shipped out. In fact, they have literally been sent to all corners of the world, which was very satisfying for us.

We have a few systems left in stock - from memory they would be systems #23/25 and #24/25. We'd love to move them out before the end of the year!

Since we don't normally offer discounts on limited edition parts, what I can do is offer a $250 credit along with these systems, which you can use towards other merchandise (either at the same time or in the future). So if you're thinking of treating yourself to a big, loud exhaust for Christmas now would be the time...

·
Registered
349 Posts
Reactions: Avnyc11

·
Registered
2018 Vulcano Black Giulia Quadrifoglio
3,755 Posts
Would the tips on this fit the standard exhaust?
I'd love to pair the larger tips of this with the x-pipe I have.

·
Supporting Vendor
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Would the tips on this fit the standard exhaust?
I'd love to pair the larger tips of this with the x-pipe I have.

Unfortunately not the sizing would be off - the stock exhaust uses 1.75" pipe for the inner tips and 2.5" for the outer tips, IIRC. Our exhaust uses 2.5" for the inner tips and 3.0" for the outer tips.

I'm sure you could have an exhaust shop weld on some larger tips, but you would have to track down the style you would like and it would involve disassembly of the rear bumper and valence.

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Unfortunately not the sizing would be off - the stock exhaust uses 1.75" pipe for the inner tips and 2.5" for the outer tips, IIRC. Our exhaust uses 2.5" for the inner tips and 3.0" for the outer tips.

I'm sure you could have an exhaust shop weld on some larger tips, but you would have to track down the style you would like and it would involve disassembly of the rear bumper and valence.
Thanks for letting me know. I just really like how it filled out the back with larger size

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
Can those who have this installed send a photo showing the rear? I'd like to see a non marketing photo :grin2:

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
41 - 60 of 75 Posts