Alfa Romeo Giulia Forum banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
So again...when will the exhaust become available again??? starting to amass my "Mod-Budget"...for the spring and I'd like to include your exhaust in there....

·
Supporting Vendor
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
So again...when will the exhaust become available again??? starting to amass my "Mod-Budget"...for the spring and I'd like to include your exhaust in there....
It is in production now. There have been a few delays as Magnaflow likes to check and double check everything, including details as seemingly small as the color of the ceramic coating (which is really nice in person).

I'll post up some new photos shortly.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Joe, do you guys install it if I happened to drive by your shop?....:grin2:

·
Supporting Vendor
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Here are some quick pics of the final prototype with high temperature titanium ceramic coating and production valves installed. We are thrilled with how this has turned out.

Just a reminder, we are only producing 25 of each version of this system for 2018. A number have already been spoken for. If you want to call us and get on the list we don't require a deposit to reserve a system.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
We would actually love to be able to accommodate customer installs, but our shop is for R&D and prototyping work only.
Got it Joe, could I get my name on the list? I got to keep up with the Jones aka
@MDriver or @Simey
of the world!:grin2:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks great. Can't wait!! Got my name on the list when you all first announced it. Any idea when you guys are going to start shipping them?

·
Super Moderator
1,082 Posts
If anyone in the Midlantic region needs a hand, I'd be glad to help out. Hobbyist Alfa garage in full effect!

With another board member here, we installed one of the base Giulia 4 cylinder exhaust systems and was seriously impressed.

Looking forward to doing a Quadrifoglio system soon!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Anyone heard anything about this system recently? Not super impressed by any of the other systems out there and this one is the closest thing to what I'd get if I were to build one custom. I'd rather not go that route but it's becoming increasingly likely it seems.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Anyone heard anything about this system recently? Not super impressed by any of the other systems out there and this one is the closest thing to what I'd get if I were to build one custom. I'd rather not go that route but it's becoming increasingly likely it seems.
Nope complete radio silence....odd to say the least:surprise:

·
Supporting Vendor
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Nope complete radio silence....odd to say the least:surprise:
We had an additional delay with the supplier of one of the components (the valves) that set us back a few weeks, but it is now resolved and the systems should be shipping to customers very shortly. The next time I post about this system I should be able to report they are IN STOCK and ready to go.

I am sorry about the delay, and for keeping some of our pre-order customers waiting. However at the end of the day I would prefer this outcome than having compromised on the design or quality of the system.

·
Supporting Vendor
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Thanks to everyone who has waited patiently. We received these systems in stock today!

We are currently contacting all of our pre-order customers to make arrangements for shipping their exhausts. In fact a number of pre-ordered systems shipped out this afternoon. The system will show "in-stock" on our web site shortly but we want to make sure we honor all of our pre-orders before opening up additional online orders.

As you can see from the illustration, we made a few changes to the system during the transition from prototype to production-ready system. Specifically, the valves and exhaust tips now bolt on instead of being welded on. This actually gives the installer some leeway to customize the angle of the tips, and also allows powder coating of the tips in alternate colors if desired.

The titanium ceramic coating on the systems turned out fantastic.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Ordered mine today Number 12 of 25. can't wait now to fine a shop to install it. thanks JoeCab
I'm #9, though I have them shipping it when I return from the Motherland...:grin2:
My Indie is all ready to go, we did a bit of a dry run when he was changing out my tires, pretty straight-forward....

·
Supporting Vendor
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Just got mine in today. 02/25. Getting it on Tuesday. Can't wait!
For anyone installing the system: The install sheet that shipped with the systems from Magnaflow were written after their first tear-down of the car. I worked with them this week to get a bit more detail included in the instructions, so here is a revised version:

https://centerlinealfa.com/sites/centerlinealfa.com/assets/files/default/PH425_install.pdf

The original instructions don't mention extending the vacuum lines to the valves; we include 2 sections of silicone vacuum tubing and connectors so you can make the connection to the valves and still have plenty of slack to tuck the tubing out of the way. If you don't need the extra tubing to make the connection to the valves just go ahead and disregard that part of the instructions.

The installation is actually fairly straight forward, the hardest part is removing and re-installing the under body panels and diffuser.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts